Spooky SZN🎃

This is the Halloween oneshot from last year...a new one is coming this Halloween. re-Enjoy this in honor of my favorite time of year🧛🏽‍♀️...

"How's it looking?" Kenny said as he sat on the bed in the doctor's office.

Dr. Martin looked at the screen, "Well..."

"Just tell me."

"Not good. Seems it's only getting worse. There's nothing more we can do."

Kenny sighed, "How long do I have?"

"Six weeks, maybe less." Dr.Martin said. Kenny's sickness only seemed to worsen. Dr. Martin looked at him, "I'm sorry."

Kenny pushed out a smile,"Thanks for your time." He said trying to hide his disappointment.

*****

Back at the house, Toni bounced their 6 month-old daughter, "Shh. You're okay."

The door opened and Kenny appeared. "I'm home."

"You hear your daddy?" Toni asked Kori as she walked out of the kitchen. "Hey baby." She said as she entered the living room.

"Hey." He said pecking her lips. He looked at their baby, "Hi princess. Come here."

Scooping Kori from her mother's arms, he sat on the couch.

"So what did the doctor say?" Toni asked sitting next to him.

"Can we just spend some time together?" He asked trying to change the subject.

"Ken just tell me the truth. Please."

"I've gotten my will together. Everything will go to you and Kori. I have enough for my funeral-"

"Stop." She said getting up.

He grabbed her hand, "You wanted the truth, there it is. I'm dying." He said as her eyes watered. He sighed, "There's nothing else they can do."

"How am I suppose to go on without you?" She cried.

He kissed her hand, "You're the strongest person I know. You'll be okay. Just promise you'll tell Kori how much I loved her everyday."

*****

The following night, Kenny walked into his favorite bar and sat down. Marisol the bartender who had a huge crush on him slithered her way to where he sat.

"Kenny, what's up?"

"Hey Marisol. Let me get a whiskey straight, and keep them coming." He ordered.

"Special occasion?" She asked handing him his first glass.

"Life." He said taking a sip.

She smiled, "You know, I've always admired how handsome you are."

"I'm still married."

"I know. I just wanted to tell you...again." She said caressing his hand.

"Well thanks." He said moving it.

A couple hours later Kenny was still sitting in the same spot.

Marisol frowned, "Kenny, everyone is gone, why aren't you? You've only had like 3 drinks."

"I'm not ready to go home yet."

"Well I'm about to close up. You wanna help?"

"Sure." He said getting up.

He started picking up glasses. Marisol eyed him as she helped.

"You wanna tell me why you can't go home? Fight with the wife?" She asked hoping she was right.