Moving

A/N: Hey guys! Here's just a little oneshot I decided to do. It's late but I couldn't get it out of my head so decided to write it. If there are any mistakes, llamas elect me know so I can fix them, and I'm half asleep writing this, so I bet there are a few. Happy reading! Let me know what you think!

Today was the day, Korra was finally going to tell Asami how she felt. She woke up this morning with a good feeling in her gut and she just knew today was going to be great. It had to be.

She was dancing around her room in the apartment she shared with Asami in the middle of Republic City. Asami didn't want to stay at the Sato Estate, at least not until she healed from the pain of losing both her parents; Korra didn't want to be on Air Temple Island with Tenzin and all of its new occupants, as it could get quite noisy, so they decided to rent an apartment together. She felt her phone buzz in her pocket before she pulled it out.

A: Hey, I have something to tell you when I get home

K: Ok! I do too

Korra couldn't help but smile to herself. She walked over to Naga, her white husky, to give her a chin scratch.

"Today's the day, Naga," she told her best animal friend in a confident tone.

Asami arrived home a couple hours later and she heard footsteps come quickly closer. She looked up to see Korra with a wide grin in her face. Korra stopped when she saw the look on Asami's face, it wasn't a happy one, but one of deep seriousness, her own face fell. She walked over to the industrialist and looked up at her in concern.

"Asami, what's wrong? Are you ok?" She wanted to reach out and take the pale hands in hers, but she held back. Green eyes looked down into blue ones for just a moment, be for looking away and walking past the tan woman. With her back towards Korra, she let out a sigh, "That's what I wanted to talk with you about."

Korra walked up behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Asami, whatever it is, we can figure it out. I'm your best friend and as your best friend, I don't let you carry the weight of the world in your shoulders alone. I am here to help you carry whatever it is that is in your mind."

"I... I," Asami took a deep breath and let it out, trying to calm herself, turning around as she did so she faced Korra, "I don't think it would be a good idea for us to continue to live together."

Korra's hand fell from her shoulder and Asami could see the hurt and disappointment in the tan face for just a moment before a wall was put up and Korra's face became neutral.

"Oh- um- okay, I'll have all my stuff moved out by the end of the week," she said, hurt could be heard laced in her tone even though she tried not to show it. She went to turn towards her room when Asami reached for her hand.

"What was it that you wanted to tell me?"

"Oh. It was nothing. Not any more anyways."

Asami knew she was not telling the whole truth but let her hand go anyways. Korra walked towards her room, and with the sound of the door closing, Asami's decision was final. She turned towards her own room, hoping to make it there before the tears started. She didn't want Korra to leave, but she felt for the sake of their friendship, they could no longer live together. If they did, Asami felt like she would do something that would ruin their friendship forever.

•••••••••• End of the Week••••••••••

"Hey, Bolin, Mako. Thanks for helping me and for letting me stay with you guys until I can get a place," she told the brothers as they set the last of her boxes down in the spare room of their apartment.