12. Appointment

A/N: Hi everyone!

I reread only once, so sorry for the mistakes. You can tell me if it's really bothering, and even if it's not: I'll be glad to correct.

Last thing: I actually hated this chapter when I wrote it, but I hope it makes more sense now. But since I don't want to spoil you, I'll tell you at the end.

Enjoy!

The next day, Korra, Asami and Isolina did as usual. Korra left with Naga, and Asami and Isolina left for work. Before that, the young woman made sure she was okay and that it was not bothering her to come (but what else could she do anyway?), and Isolina assured her that everything was fine. However, she was a bit silent, dreading the interview that she would have in the afternoon. Something that the green eyed-woman dreaded too and maybe even more.

The day flew. Asami threw a few glances in Isolina's direction from time to time, and the latter played, or drew, interrupting sometimes the CEO in her work to have a little company. Not that it was bothering her; this way she could have nice breaks.

And then, at 2 p.m., they left for the police station. Lin was waiting for them, stamping. She was a bit worried that Asami would skip purposely the appointment. And when the young woman showed up, she felt actually immensely relieved.

She politely led them to a special room, at the end of a long and thin corridor. She let Isolina in, but stopped Asami when she tried to follow her. The green-eyed woman frowned and looked at Lin with an inquisitive look.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Are you sure you should go inside?" Lin said. "The psychologist will most certainly ask you to go out. It's better if he can talk alone with the patient."

"Then, I'll see that with him," she said, confident.

"Ok, ok," the police chief gave up quickly: she hadn't any desire of debating the matter. "Just saying, so that you don't slap him in the face."

"Who do you think I am exactly?"

"Asami Sato, a woman who is willing to fight for what she owns and the ones she loves. Am I wrong?"

"No, but that doesn't mean I'm going to beat everyone on Earth to do so. I think you mistook me with Korra," she tried to joke, despite her completely fake smile.

"You have that point in common," Lin shrugged.

The CEO simply ignored her and took a seat beside Isolina, inside the room, waiting for the psychologist to come. The doctor arrived rather quickly. He kindly greeted them, put a bottle of water on the table as he was taking off his coat, placed his stuff on the desk, and sat down.

Then, he was ready to start. He had his elbows on the desk, his hands forming a triangle before his pale face, on which were encrusted two little black eyes, covered with large black glasses. He looked at Asami expectantly, and she raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms. If he had something to tell her, he could, but he was not going to order her around with a look. That was out of the question.

"Are you planning on staying here?" he asked, without being mean.

"I don't really want to leave her alone," Asami admitted.

"It doesn't work this way. Patients are more likely to talk when there is no one they know around. So, I'll ask you to wait outside, please."

Asami pursed her lips and tightened her hands, but nevertheless she agreed. However, as she was standing up, a little hand gripped her sleeve. She saw the lost look on Isolina's eyes who was pleading her to stay.