Katsuki Bakugo: Just Like You

Synopsis/Author's Note: Your quirk is called "Fission"; when you touch an object, you can focus in on the atoms that it's made of and cause them to split apart, thereby causing an explosion as the energy from the atoms are released

This oneshot takes place after Bakugo's rescue in the Hideout Raid Arc.

* * *

Everyone knew I had a temper. I hated that fact about me, but it was true. I never went out of my way to treat others unkindly, but when provoked, I could become someone's worst enemy. Unfortunately for Katsuki Bakugo, he was now witnessing my wrath firsthand.

"The difference between us is like night and day." I glared at Bakugo. 

I wanted him to be scared of me.

I needed him to understand that he'd taken things too far this time.

"But let's be honest, it's more than that, Katsuki."

My fist wound tighter around the collar of his shirt. He tried to break free of my grip, but it was pointless; He could struggle as much as he wanted, but I had him securely pinned to the ground in our school's soccer field. "Your tiny firecrackers are nothing compared to what I can do." Years of having put up with his tyranny came to an end here. I was the only person taking a stand today, but I wasn't alone in the fact that I was tired of him pushing people around and bullying others.

I shoved my free hand into his face, relishing in how he flinched. He latched onto my wrist and tried to shake me. "Get the hell off of me!"

His demand fell on deaf ears.

"I bet you've never heard of nuclear fission, right?" I didn't give him a chance to respond. "In simple terms, it's when atoms are split apart and release massive amounts of energy. Unlike you and your primitive sparks, there's no limit to the powers of my quirk.... and today, you'll be getting a close-up demonstration." My parents had always told me to be extremely cautious with my quirk since the adverse effects of using it were still trying to be understood, but I didn't care. Whatever happened to Bakugo would be due to the consequences of his own actions.

Some other kids were off to the side, whispering to each other: "Whoa, is she really gonna do it?" "I don't know, but she looks serious!" "Okay guys, this is going too far."

At the last comment, Izuku came rushing up to us from the crowd.

"[Y-Y/N], maybe you should stop!"

I looked at him. There was worry in his eyes; but notably, there was a glint of fear. He awkwardly looked back and forth between Katsuki and me and twirled his fingers together.

"Maybe he's right," I thought, "I don't want to cause more problems for people who put up with Katsuki's insanity. Beating him up just might escalate his antics."