Hitoshi Shinso: Feelings Mutual

Synopsis/Author's Note: Your quirk is called "Savage", and it gives you increased strength, flexibility, speed, and other boosts to your stats all around

Synopsis/Author's Note: Your quirk is called "Savage", and it gives you increased strength, flexibility, speed, and other boosts to your stats all around. When your quirk is activated, your fingers and toes turn into claws, your pupils dilate into vertical slits, and your teeth (which are already razor sharp) grow longer. The one downfall to your quirk is that when it's active for too long you start to succumb to bloodlust, but this is something that you're working on controlling through training. I modeled this quirk after Mileena from Mortal Kombat, with the only exception being that everything about you is mostly human looking when your quirk isn't activated.

This one shot takes place after the Sports Festival Arc, but before the Joint Training Arc.

* * *

I've never been a big proponent of heroism.

I wasn't inclined to villainy either, but I'd never had much of a desire to become a hero. My parents, however, had tried to steer me down the path of heroics. They pushed me to use my quirk in the name of altruism, and when it was time for me to decide on a high school to attend, they encouraged me to attend UA.

"Your friend is applying to UA as well, right?" I vividly remember this conversation between my Mother and me where she was trying her hardest to get me on board with applying to UA. "Please give it a shot, [Y/N]; you can always decide not to pursue a Hero career after graduation."

And though I wasn't ecstatic about applying, I would be the first to admit that I was pretty excited when I received my acceptance letter. Shinso was the first person I shared this news with. We were both so happy to have been admitted to the school- or so I thought- until I realized he'd be doing General Studies and not the Hero program with me. If anyone should've been in the Hero program, it was him. Growing up, we both suffered the treatment of being misjudged because of our quirks. It bothered me a lot, and Shinso especially hated this perception people had of him. Yet, this just further stoked his desire to become a hero.

I couldn't understand it.

"C'mon, Hitoshi!" I yelled, using his first name as I often did.

From all fours, I lunged at him. My claws were outstretched, and I could feel the bloodlust coursing through my veins at the thought of driving my hand through his chest.

"Shit," I mouthed, stopping short of finishing my attack. I landed on the ground gracefully and turned toward Aizawa. "Why didn't you stop me?!" This is why I hated being asked to spar against Shinso. He was still trying to get the hang of combat, and I still didn't have a handle on the bloodlust that came with the sustained usage of my quirk.

Aizawa started to respond, but Shinso cut him short. "Why did you stop?!"

I turned my attention back to Shinso. "Wha-? You're mad because I stopped myself from gutting you?!" I was coming down from the bloodlust, and my features were returning to normal, but Shinso's retort made it hard for me to fully simmer down. I balled my hands tightly into fists, digging my nails into my hand, hoping that the pain would prevent my quirk from activating.