ONE

"I remember the stupid shit I used to worry about

"I remember the stupid shit I used to worry about. If my hair looked good enough, if I ate too much, if Toni liked me back. Out there, out there you get a hard sense of reality. It's all about surviving." Iris voiced, staring expressionless at the table in front of her.

"Toni? You knew Toni before?" Dr. Faber asked, curiosity deep in his voice. Unbeknownst to her, he already knew the answer.

"Yeah, Toni and Martha, the 3 musketeers" Iris said, a smile on her face, thinking back to the halloween costumes the girls wore a couple months back.

"Or at least we were..."

"Interesting" Dr. Faber hummed, writing something down in his notes.

      -————————-

Iris never thought she'd be getting on a private jet, nonetheless on the way to Hawaii but here she was, on the way to Hawaii for some retreat.

She didn't really get the details of the trip, after her foster mom told her about the retreat she'd be going on with her friends she was practically pushed out the door.

So you see, Iris had been in foster care, it's actually where she met Toni. The two girls had ended up with the same fosters at one point, they had hit it off pretty quick. Toni was actually the one who introduced her to Martha, the three have been friends ever since.

As Iris finally got onto the plane, she was greeted by a hug from Martha. "Oh my God, I missed you!" Martha said hugging the girl, a wide smile on her face. "You saw me yesterday" Iris said with a laugh, "Still" Martha smiled, pulling her to their other friend.

"Hey T" Iris voiced, pulling the girl into a hug. "Hey bub" Toni said, a smile on her face, leaning into the girls embrace more. Martha watching this with a knowing smirk.

After breaking up the hug, they found their seats. Iris was walking to a seat in-front of Martha, she didn't get far however before being pulled back by Toni.

"Sit with me"

Iris blushed, "I don't think there's enough room".

"We'll make room" Toni said with a smirk, pulling Iris into her lap. Iris blushed deeply, while Martha looked at the pair with a smile.

Toni filled Iris in on the details of the trip, explaining that it was a feminist retreat. Martha putting some details in as well from where she sat.

Once the plane was full and had took off into the sky, a girl with blonde hair stood up in the plane isle, Iris would be lying if she said the girl was not incredibly stunning.

"So" the blonde started, "In interest of being us all together, i'd like to propose an ice breaker."

"How about never have I ever" another of the girls said excitedly, they would soon find out the girls name was Jeanette. "Uh, that games a little much" the blonde said before being interrupted by Jeanettes rambling.

Iris and Toni smirked at one another, both finding the situation amusing.

"That games a little intense, for those of us who don't know each other real well. So how about we just pair off, powwow with your partner for a sec, and then afterwards, you can introduce her to the rest of us?" Shelby finished, walking down the plane isle towards Iris and Toni.

Toni snickered to Martha about Shelby's use of the word powwow, Iris didn't get to hear most of it before being pulled out of Toni's lap by the blonde.

"What the hell!?" Toni semi shouted, standing up and pulling Iris out of the girls grasp. Iris was pulled behind Toni, Toni in a stance as if to almost protect Iris.

"Toni, it's okay" Iris said putting a hand on the small of Toni's back, and pushing her gently to the side. Iris felt the girl take a deep breath.

Shelby grabbed Toni's wrist instead this time and pulled her to the front of the plane. With a slight laugh at Toni's facial expression, Iris sat beside Martha.

"She so likes you" Martha voiced after Iris was seated, knowing about the girls crush on their friend. "Yeah right" Iris said in disbelief, laying her head on Martha's shoulder.

Suddenly, not sleeping the night before caught up to her. She had been up all night watching tiktoks, not that she regrets it.

"I'm gonna go to sleep, wake me up when we're there?" Iris questioned, already closing her eyes.

                           -————————-

Iris was unexpectedly woken up by the plane shaking, the lights were flickering, causing panic to spread across everyone in the plane.

"Toni!" Iris yelled, grabbing onto Martha who was still seated beside her. Toni ran down the plane isle, tackling the girls into a hug. Iris gripped their hands tight, whispering an "I love you" before everything went black.

                           ————————