TWO

Iris woke up cold and alone, her face planted into the wet sand. Her leg was twisted in a weird angle under a few rocks making it extremely difficult to move. A wave came over her uncovered leg making her shiver.

"IRIS!" A scream came, Iris immediately started waving her arms hoping to get noticed. She let out a sigh as she saw Martha limping over to her, the blonde girl from the plane aiding her along the way.

"Marty!" Iris sighed, relieved that her friend was safe. Shelby guided the injured girl to sit down on the sand so she could help Iris. She leaned down and threw the rocks away from the injured girl.

"Are you okay? Can you walk?" She asked, pulling the girl up by her arms. Iris ignored her questions and rushed to her friend. "So that's a yes..." Shelby said sarcastically, walking after the girl.

Iris leaned down, pulling Martha up by her arms. She took Martha into her embrace once she was standing, the two holding onto one another seeking comfort.

"What happened?" Iris questioned after pulling away from the hug. "The current got me, Shelby saved me" Martha spoke, gratitude in her voice.

Iris turned around and embraced Shelby, "Thank you so much" Iris whispered in her ear, not noticing the shiver it caused Shelby. "Yeah, of course!" Shelby said in her usual enthusiastic tone.

"We should get going, see if we can find any others" Iris spoke, her mind on a certain girl, she grabbed Martha by her arm to help her walk. Shelby nodded, grabbing the girls other arm.

                             —-——————-

The three girls slowly limped their way towards another part of the beach, hoping to find any survivors. However, as soon as they reached a certain part of the beach they heard screams.

Iris immediately let go of Martha, making sure she was supported by Shelby and ran towards the commotion. The two girls continued to limp their way behind her.

"IRIS!" Toni screamed, running towards the girl once she had spotted her, dropping the girl who she was pulling out the water. Taking the girl by surprise as soon as they reached one another, Toni picked her up. Iris wrapped her legs around Toni's waist and snuggled her face into her neck, a tear slowly slipping from her eye.

"I thought I lost you..." Toni spoke, putting Iris back onto her feet. "Wait, have you seen Martha?!"

Right as Toni asked the question, Martha came around the corner, Shelby at her side. Toni immediately ran towards them. Iris going the opposite way to help Dot with the lifeless looking girl.

"Guys she isn't breathing!" Dot shouted out to the girls, making all of them run over to her. She immediately started CPR on the girl. Iris grabbed onto Toni's hand seeking comfort, instead Toni put  her arm around her shoulder, holding her close.