Chapter One

Chapter I

" You know the rules no fraternizing with the prisoner."

I didn't need to turn around to know it was my brother marching towards me. Ever since they allowed him to lead a battalion, he hasn't been around much, but I can still recognize that deep arrogant voice.

" I know me being a Captain now gives you certain privileges, but the prisoner is off limits."

My brother, Jaxson, is a mere 5'10 but the dusty black boots he sports gives him an extra inch. I can see the blade he has wrapped tightly in his grip. He stared down at our prisoner waiting for any signs of danger.

There weren't. He hadn't moved an inch since they brought him. Just stared at us dully as he sat chained to a large boulder. His stark white hair fell down into his eyes now, but I could still see the silver hue that captivated me so much from between the strands. I had never seen eyes so clear before.

" I was just bringing him a bit of food. You're starving him." I reached down slowly moving the small plate and water closer to the beings figure. My brother kicked the cup over waiting for the water to soak into the dirt.

" That's because he's a prisoner. I'm not wasting any of our resources on this mongrel."

It didn't matter. Everyday that I brought him food, I left the plate for 30 minutes and when I returned the food and water sat untouched. He never ate. I wondered if he even needed to eat at all. There wasn't much we knew about these "beings". We only knew the stories past on from our elders who are slowly dying out. What we knew was that they were practically un-killable at least by our weapons. Each night my brother and a few soldiers who go " talk" to the prisoner but each morning his face looked as perfectly chiseled and flawless as it did before.

" He's the U.S.A Rebellions property now. We don't need him escaping or harming anyone." He says," Plus it doesn't look good when you disobey my orders. You're my sister but I can't have you near him. Only men I give permission too."

I held back from rolling my eyes. Like I've said, he hasn't moved an inch. He just stares. I look at the grime that know covers him and the metal shackles they have placed on him. I know that position must hurt. It wasn't like I had full sympathy for this alien. His race was the reason we were in the predicament were in now. There hasn't been alot of animals around lately. The men haven't been able to find much and are scared to venture out further than our usual perimeter. We've had men disappear in the past and their scared that The Trinity is out there looking for their lost soldier.  Atleast we think he's a soldier. He won't talk. There people came here way before I was born and destroyed whole countries and cities. They've rebuilt them into their own cities and headquarters to support their own. They annihilated millions of people and now there's only a few of us left. Anyone who gets captured by them is never seen again.

"Fine, but if he dies from starvation you can't get anything from him." I reminded him slowly grabbing the food and cup careful not to get too close. I grab the hem of my dress  and walk out the door.

It was only simple bread and a piece of chicken, but that's what we usually eat. I'll give the extra food to Lydia's youngest child instead. They have him tucked away under the main hall. The main hall is were everyone congregates during the day and at night we slip into our tiny caves to sleep. We've built our little village inside the hollow archway of the mountainside. Its safer than being in the woods at night. We work as a team to mend clothes, create weapons, and cook food.