Chapt. 7: Yuuki

"That should be the last of it." First thing in the morning I went back to the forest to gather the rest of my things from my old house. 

So far there haven't been any trespassers. The last time I came to grab my things I was ambushed and taken to go to another village. I still want to know who I ran into when I came back to the village. 

"I should head back before I get ambushed again. I'll return after the academy." I said to myself. When I was about to head out, I hear something in the trees. I pause in my tracks and glare up at the tree, get ready to attack. "Who's there?" I called out. 

There wasn't an answer the noise had stopped. Somebody was hiding in the trees, but they didn't want to reveal themselves. As soon as I turned on my heel to leave, I quickly turn around and use my flames, aiming at the tree. 

I watch as the tree burns to a crisp but nothing came out. It was as if nobody was ever there. I know I wasn't hearing things. I know somebody was there... 

I quickly went back to my apartment to drop off my things and went to the academy. I already know what route to take since Iruka has been escorting me there for a week now. 

I sat in the back of the class this time so I wouldn't be bothered and waited for class to begin. I've only been this at this academy for almost a week and I haven't done much of anything but listen to the lectures. 

I know what is needed to become a ninja because I was taught by my father. Yet I haven't done any jutsu or anything. Besides fire, I rely on the skills I had to learn on my own.

"Hey Mokou!" Naruto shouts as he stood next to me before taking his seat. 

"Hi Naruto." I greet back. "You're in a happy mood today. What's up?" I asked. 

"Don't you know that today's the final exam? We're finally going to become ninja!" 

"That's today?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"Yeah. Aren't you excited?" 

"Not really. I mean, I've only been here for a week." I smirk a bit. "But I'm sure it can't be that hard to pass an exam, right?" 

The two of us snicker at each other just as class could begin. Iruka and some other shinobi he was with explained to us what requires for the final exam. And that was basically the Shadow Clone Jutsu. Which is where we have to make a perfect clone of ourselves. 

Although I didn't know much about any jutsu or hand signs, I can always copy the hand signs from somebody. The one thing I do know about is chakra thanks to my father. 

"Up next, Mokou Fujiwara." Iruka calls out my name and I walk up to him. "Perform the Shadow Clone Jutsu." 

"Got it." I nod my head. I copied the hand sign that I've seen other students do and focus my chakra. "Shadow Clone Jutsu." I said and a clone of myself appears beside me with her hands shoved in her pockets.