Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO - MONDAY

    The Monday after the tournament rolled around quick. Eden wasn't the biggest fan of school. She didn't think grades were important in life. She didn't believe they were gonna get her anywhere. However it was the last week of school and she wanted to finish strong.

"you can only be a junior once." Eden mumbled with a soft sigh as she threw her bed sheets aside. Eden's usual everyday wardrobe was either some ripped jeans and a T-shirt or whatever she could find on her bedroom floor that wasn't dirty. Today, she decided on a navy blue oversized shirt and some black skinny jeans. For her hair, she never did anything with it really. She drew her hairbrush from her draw and brushed out the knots that formed during the night.
Eden wasn't the best driver. Another thing her and her twin didn't have in common. While Samantha usually drove herself on a daily basis, Eden taught herself how to skate board the summer before and just got used to doing that on the warmer days. During the winter, she carpooled with Sam... which was a total drag.

Skating to school didn't take as long as it used to. Her being used to getting driven... got lost on her first day. But now it was practically muscle memory on which ways she had to go. Sometimes she knew the directions a little too well and ended up getting their maybe 10 to 15 minutes before class, which was early to her. Unfortunately, today was one of those days. Usually she'd just hang out by herself at her locker and until the arrival bell rang, indicating it was time to go to her first class. She didn't understand why they were still in school. They finished all the exams required for that year, so they were pretty much gonna do nothing all week— Eden was good at doing nothing.

After a good 10 minutes which felt like forever to the small girl, the bell rang. "Finally." She uttered. As she began walking to class, she spotted another girl- same height as her- who looked oddly familiar. It seemed the other girl felt the same way, considering once she noticed Eden her eyes lit up and she began coming closer.

"Hey! You're that girl I ran into at the tournament!" the other girl beamed. The memories came back to Eden. "Hey! You found me!" she laughed. Eden held out her hand for the other girl to shake. "I'm Eden by the way." She smiled. The girl gladly accepted. "Quinn! Nice to meet you." she exclaimed. "Nice to meet you too!" Eden said smiling. She had to admit, making friends on the last few days of school was extremely weird, but she never really had anyone to talk to to begin with so this was definitely a plus on her part. Yeah of course she knew people, but she never liked the people Sam hung out with and other than that, she wasn't the type of person that you could say was 'desperate' to make new friends. Quinn seemed different though. New summer, why not try to share it with someone else right?

"Can you maybe help me get to my classes? I hate to admit i'm a bit lost." Quinn said with a short giggle. Eden nodded. She was hoping this wasn't going to be one of those hit and run conversations where all you say is 'hi' or 'how are you' every once in a while and never speak again. She extended her hand "let me see your schedule" she said as Quinn placed it in her hand. Eden scanned through and smiled at each class she recognized. "Lucky for you, we have 5 classes together!" she beamed, handing the sheet of paper back to her. She noticed Quinn smile as Eden continued "I will gladly be your personal tour guide." She smiled, taking her new friend by the arm as she walked to their first class.

History hadn't been Eden's favorite subject, but it would definitely be a lot more interesting with Quinn around. She didn't say this often, but she was happy to have someone like that in her life now. She walked in, guiding the girl to the two available seats in the back. "Ah. Here we are. The luxury of the back of the classroom." she laughed a bit. She saw Quinn smile. "it's perfect!" Eden figured they wouldn't be learning anything today, considering there was no other topics to cover. She wanted to make conversation with the girl she had just met. "I've never seen you around here before. Are you new?" she asked, hoping she was- so it didn't seem like she's never noticed her. Quinn nodded. "I am actually!" She beamed with a bright smile. Eden let out a slight sigh of relief. "Just moved here." Quinn said. Eden laughed a bit "Not sure why. I've been here my whole life and it is- so boring." She said. Quinn shrugged. "I like it here so far. Before this I joined that winning group from the tournament. They seemed pretty badass, and i've always wanted to learn karate!"Quinn exclaimed. Eden thought for a second. She then remembered who the winning team was.