There are reasons to drink on a school night, and reasons not to.

"How can you be on bad terms as a kid?" Uraraka asked curiously.

Todoroki shrugged. "Guess we didn't have the same interests. Didn't see each other much."

They walked a while more, crossing more bridges while listening to Midoriya and Uraraka talk. It was peaceful. The frogs and ducks all creating noises to ease his mind. His hand clenched harder around his skateboard unknowingly.

He felt a large mass thrown into him and he fell over the side of the bridge, into the shallow water. Something heavy was on top of him, and he pushed it off. He was soaking wet, covered in mud and duck crap. He sat up, looking at what had pushed him off. Kaminari was looking at him with a cowardly face. "Sorry dude. Kirishima pushed me."

He shook his head disappointedly and stood to try and dry himself off. Even if he used his quirk, then he would smell like flaming duck shit, so he decided staying wet was probably better.

'Shit. My bandages are probably wet. I don't have anymore and they can't see my burns. I-'

"Are you guys okay?" Midoriya had run down to the water's shore with everyone else.

Todoroki flung water from his hands. "I'm fine. I'm going to head home now."

"Damn! I totally ruined the fun!" Kirishima pouted. "Sorry dude. Did you want us to walk you back?"

Todoroki shook his head and stepped out of the pond, disgusted at his own appearance in the reflection of the water. "Thank you Midoriya. I'll come by your house later to retrieve my things."

Before Midoriya could answer, Todoroki was already out of earshot, terrified of what his father might do. Would he go through with it this time? Pour the kettle? Why was he like that anyways? So angry. Filled with sudden hatred, when he had gone on about making an effort the day before. What even- what happened?

He finally got back home, and managed to take a shower before his dad found out he was back. By the time he was relaxing in his room, hair still damp and a towel still around his shoulders, he heard a knock on the door. He got up to answer it, and physically prepared himself, keeping his right side activated slightly, in case he needed to defend himself quickly.

The door opened to reveal Endeavor. He was in a black t-shirt and blue jeans. You could swear this man had one outfit. He looked nervous and- embarrassed. Stiff as a board. They stared at each other, then Enji spoke.

"I'm- I'd like to apologize for yesterday morning. I had too much to drink the night before and I guess-" he sighed. "I don't remember it but I saw the recording from the security camera in the kitchen. I'm sorry."

Todoroki stilled. He didn't know what to say. Did he really expect to-

'Apologize all you want. I don't care what your excuses are either. Your being drunk doesn't make it better. You made me relive the most traumatic day in my life, and come to my door expecting it to be okay? Fuck you.'

That's what he wanted to say. Instead, he just closed the door. A part of him was still- he was still being affected by it. Kept having small flashbacks of his childhood. Just when he thought those had stopped.

A large hand stopped the door from closing, and Endeavor swung it open, stepping into the room. Todoroki backed all the way against his wall, his hand searching for his window.

"Say something."

"G-get away."

Endeavor's stomach dropped. He watched as Shoto struggled with the window lock, but eventually slid it open, and punched out the net. His arms worked to lift him up and over the sill, but Enji quickly grabbed his waist, carrying him like a child away from the window, and closing it. "I'm not going to hurt you just-"