My Phony Valentine

Ri's POV

I was watching a movie on my computer and was about to get to the good part when I heard a knock on my door and it opened and revealed Henry.

“Hey baby. What’s up?” I asked Henry and he sat on my bed right next to me.

“Hey Ri.” Henry says, and this confuses me.

“Yeah what’s up?” I say and I pause my movie and close my computer.

“I was wondering if you would like to go to Club Soda with me for Valentine’s Day. If that’s alright with you. I mean if you-” He says and I kissed him to shut him up and a couple of seconds later we broke the kiss.

“That would be nice. It would get me out of the basement for once in my life.” I say and he smiles at me.

“Yeah it would.” He says and he gets up and walks out of my room, and I couldn’t help but smile when he left.

I finally have an excuse to get out, lately I’ve been cooped up in the Man Cave, because I kind of think that since Henry is Kid Danger, that I should not be Girl Danger anymore. I’m kind of debating when I should tell Dad.

I mean he shouldn’t be upset with me, at least I hope not. I’ve just been keeping it to myself, and I’ve also talked to Sofia about it. Unfortunately she’s been on Bri’s side, so I should tell Dad. It’s like I want to tell him but I always chicken out about it.

I just don’t know how to say it, I’ve practiced it to myself, and that's pretty much how I fall asleep half the time.

As it gets closer to Valentine’s Day, I am gonna go dress shopping. Even though I don’t typically wear dresses, on Valentine’s Day, it will be an exception.

I figured that today’s the day that I will finally talk to Dad about it. I walk out of my room, and see where I can find Dad.

I eventually found him by the monitor scrolling trying to find any bad guys or something, and I turn around and see Bri nodding her head, saying to me that he’s in a good mood.

“Hey Dad.” I say and he turns around and she smiles at me, and his smile slowly drops when he see’s my face.

“Yeah what’s up Na Na?” He says and he gives Bri a look and she nods her head and she ‘walks away’. 

“There is something that I need to talk to you about.” I say and I start to fiddle with my fingers. It’s something that I do when I am nervous. If you probably can’t tell, I’m a nervous wreck.

“What’s up?” Dad repeated and she grabbed my hand and we walked to the couch.

“Would you be, uh, uh, mad that I say that I don’t want to be Girl Danger anymore. I mean if you and Henry really need me I am available, or anything.” I say and he slowly nods his head as he’s listening attentively.

“No. Of course I wouldn’t. Why would I be mad?” He questions and I shrug my shoulders.

“I guess that I want to wait to tell you or something. But I just chickened out, wondering how you’ll react to me telling you.” I say and he kisses my forehead, and he hugs me.