part one

From the moment Harry saw her, he knew she was destined to be his. From the bright blue scrunchie that pulled the front of her dark curly hair out of her eyes to the white ruffled socks tucked almost perfectly into her black 2976 Doc Marten Chelsea boots. There was something about her, clad in a little red sundress and her black apron from working her second full shift at The Friendly Bean coffee and tea house, that simply nobody in the room could be compared to. It took Harry a good four hours staring blankly at his calculus study guide working up the courage to say something to her for the first time, running line after line in his head, deciding each one was worse than the last. He watched her from the corner of his eye as she strategically steamed milk for latte's and stamped espresso for the Americano coming up for the regular at the end of the line.

Suffice it to say–Harry was not the only one instantly smitten. She noticed him from the moment he walked into the cafe, and it felt as though the walls had closed in on her. Liv found it rare that she was ever struck into silence, but he was pretty. So, so pretty. And she was speechless. He made her nervous from the very moment she saw him and forced her co-worker on the floor to take Harry's order because she was unsure she would be able to get through an interaction with him without passing out from nerves–or saying something so stupid, she wished she passed out. So they watched one another, not noticing the other but catching glances just as the other broke away. After a few short hours of keeping tabs on one another, and Liv squealing over how cute his squishy cheek looked pressed into his palm as he read over his textbook before Liv made the first move. Spray bottle and rag in hand, she took to the lobby which felt like a mile-long walk to his corner table by the bookcase. She pretended to tidy up around him despite nobody coming anywhere near him in a little over an hour. Swallowing her pride, she was finally able to fine-tune the voice in her head in preparation to finally speak to the mysterious man in the corner, as she had come to know him over the few hours.

"How-" She began, immediately recognizing she was not the only one speaking, her mouth snapped shut.

"Is–" Harry looked at her, a silent laugh got stuck in his throat and he is left smiling at her.

"Sorry-" They both began in unison. They stood there for a few seconds, but within those few moments felt like hours. There was what felt to be a permanent blush coloring her already tanned face.

"Pretty girls first." Harry gestured to the seat in front of him, closing the textbook he had opened and hadn't picked up on a single word from. Olivia took the seat in front of him, setting the cleaner and rag in front of her. Silence fell between the pair before Harry simply told her how pretty she was, and it all fell into place shortly after that.

-

It was a rainy day in the middle of October when Olivia finally decided to rip the bandaid off and invite Harry to the bar her best friend, Thea and her fiance, Dylan, would frequent every Friday night after classes were over and Olivia did whatever homework she had been assigned that was due by the end of the night. Thea wasn't new to her best friend being the object of many men and women's affection, she had just never seen Olivia as smitten as she was when she returned to their shared apartment one night after work with a smile on her face that read she was stupid with love. Ever since then– Thea made sure to ask who the fellow who swept up the closest person Thea had to a baby sister. Thea and Olivia had always had that kind of relationship. Based heavily on the protection of one another and scoping out potential suitors to make sure one another was in the best of hands. To say the least, Olivia's secrecy was out of character and worrisome for her roommate. Truth be told, Olivia was afraid because she knew Harry was the one for her from the moment she sat down in front of him at The Friendly Bean, and if Thea or Dylan disapproved, it wouldn't feel right to see it through. Olivia made sure to check herself in the window outside while her companions stood to her left watching her carefully as she tried to correct each fly away, as well as reapply her lip gloss. Harry always told her she looked beautiful, may it be when she stayed over at his place and had mascara running down her face from a shower, or on rare occasions, she perfectly applied her eyeliner and wore her lucky bra. It didn't take nearly any effort to impress him, toting her around on his arm and introducing her to others as his girlfriend was enough for him.