Separating the art from the artist

Possible TW: Mentions of transphobia

I'm not 100% sure if this is an unpopular opinion but I truly believe in the idea of separating art from the artist. 

Within the year 2020, a lot of creators were called out and 'cancelled' (I don't believe in cancelling a person) but I feel like this has brought up the conversion of this subject. For me personally was when the whole JK Rowling situation came out. I adore Harry Potter and like a lot of other people, it was a huge part of my childhood. I really looked up to her and her creativity but it's not until when she came with the horrible stuff she said, that I dare not repeat, that I was left feeling upset and unsure what to do.

I have since decided that its a case of separate the art from the artist. Yes, this comes with its downfalls. People instantly think since you like that persons are, you promote what they believe. I also do not want to support them financially, but I avoid doing thing by supporting small creators and business and doing stuff kinda 'illegally' so they cant not claim money thought that way. yes, they have already got some of my money but there's no point trying to reclaim it back.

I honestly believe this a good a positive way of moving forward and also allowing to forgive and educated people on this situation. I hope that JK will take the time to educate her self about these issues (but that seems more like a dream) and to also come out and say 'yes my writing has flaws and you have every right to point them out, it was a different time back then and I hope to make more inclusive parts within my work.'