Change.

Wingbeats thundered in the sky, churning the sticky, black pillars of smoke rolling generously from the blazing fires below. Cries and pleas of mercy echoed, silhouettes in the blinding haze darted around in blind Panic, the thick smog making it impossible to tell who was friend nor foe.

Nowhere was safe.

Stalking within the shadows, killers lurked, claws grinding against everything in their path, maws open, exposing razor sharp teeth, chattering with hunger and a lust for blood.

They were hunting.

A group that took no prisoners, merciless murderers with cold blood, faces shrouded and obscured, rarely a creature lived to tell the horrifying tale. Not one has seen their faces.

                  Savages

                               Twisted Terrors

                                                     Psychopaths

                                                                                                  cannibals

The group had many names. All of which were true. Out of every name given, one always stuck out.

Nightmares.

That is what they were. Working under a horrifying dark lord, pillaging and killing, leaving nothing behind, burning every last piece, striking only under the moonlight within the most blissful nights where it seemed like nothing bad could ever happen.

It all seemed to terrifying to be true, most didn't want to believe it, many deny the truth. Going about their peaceful days, acting as if there was nothing to worry about, ignoring the sense of impending demise and looming doom. It all seemed too unreal to be true, a made-up story, almost like, a dream....

A Nightmare