37. Brynn

'Okay, guys,' I began, as I drew a circle around Chloe's name

'Okay, guys,' I began, as I drew a circle around Chloe's name. 'Let's use this time here wisely.'

'The time here is supposed to be for finishing the sets,' Juliet said.

'Fuck the sets,' I replied. 'We'll spend an hour on Chloe and an hour on the sets. Now, suspects!'

I drew a line out from Chloe's name and wrote down Gabriella's.

'She's the only suspect,' Shane told me.

'The only suspect the detectives have,' I replied. 'If the four of us come together, we can start looking into who else could possibly be a suspect! Anyone know anybody else who had problems with Chloe besides Gabriella?'

There was silence as they all looked at each other.

'Come on, guys!' I pressed. 'Olivia, you must know some other things about stuff Chloe had going on. Come on, she was your best friend, don't you want to find out who did this?'

'Okay, yes, you're right,' Olivia said, nodding. 'Has anyone mentioned any other names besides Gabriella to the detectives?'

Tate popped into my head but I kept my mouth shut and watched as Shane and Juliet shook their heads.

'Actually, now that I think back, I've just remembered something,' Olivia mumbled. 'Conrad!'

'Conrad Coleman?' Juliet questioned.

'Yes, he pulled Chloe out of the common room just before we all started fighting, remember!' I cried, cursing myself for forgetting all about that as I wrote his name on the board.

'Pulling her out for a chat is hardly suspicious,' Juliet said. 'Weren't they friends? I think we're just clutching at straws here.'

'They weren't friends, they just hung out because of me and Axel being together,' Olivia said. 'But before Brynn stormed in and started yelling at Chloe over Tate, Chloe was just about to tell me something about Conrad!'

'What did she say?' Juliet asked.

'Nothing,' she sighed. 'She said something along the lines of "you won't believe what I have to tell you about Conrad" or something like that, then I stupidly changed the subject, and then Brynn came in and that was the last thing she ever said to me.'

'Wait, what did you say about Tate?' Juliet asked, getting to her feet and speaking quickly. 'Brynn was yelling at Chloe about Tate? What was all of that about?'

'That was nothing,' I told her, feeling annoyed and panicked.

'It surely sounds like something,' Juliet said. 'I think we should at least discuss it.'

'It was nothing!' I snapped.

'It wasn't nothing, Brynn.' Olivia said to me, warily. 'Chloe rejected Tate and embarrassed him in front of everyone. He was obviously upset because you were furious.'