De la Cruzcito [Coco! Héctor Rivera x Reader] Part II

Part II - Familia: A Renegade Rivera (Part 2)

There normally was a bell. If one entered a shop, specifically one that sold many easily-smuggled items that needed to be monitored constantly, a bell would tingle above the doorway to let the shop owners know that someone had entered. The Garrido family did not have a bell which led the other locals to the ultimate reasoning that the Garridos were positively loco

So it goes to show that when Rafael dragged his siblings in by the literal scruffs of their necks, the only thing to inform the rest of the family of his arrival was the startled bleating of the in-store goat. 

"¡Encuentro familiar!" Rafael was already bellowing, "Everyone downstairs!"

Now, there was a certain problem regarding that. A family meeting was dangerous business. While it was indeed a meeting of the resident Garrido family members, it had been deceptively named. Whenever those words were screeched, it would summon the elders and the proceeding minutes would be spent screaming and rebuking the idiota who had decided to do something stupid. Today, (Y/n) knew that she would be classified as such - if she couldn't escape. 

"Let me go!" (Y/n) grunted.

Enzo probably would have said the same thing. Except that his brother's muscular forearm had cut off his airflow, so he just made a disturbing choking noise.

Rafael did not release his younger siblings until they were in the back of the tourist shop, which functioned as the Garrido's downstairs kitchen area. Flung into an unoccupied stool, Enzo gasped weakly and fought the breath back into his lungs, resting his head against the recycled glass countertop. (Y/n) was going to bolt as soon as she was released, but Rafael seemed to know that since he reaffirmed his hold on her into a bearhug that trapped her in the confines of his greasy leather jacket. 

"Not so fast, hermanita," Rafael cooed, "I promised that you would talk to Mama and Papa - and brothers don't break their promises. Besides, I'm only doing this out of affection. Trying to protect my dear, sweet, innocent little sister. . . "

"If you don't let go of me," (Y/n) whispered ominously, "I'm going to kick you in the balls."

"With those short legs?" Rafael snorted, "I don't think so."

Despite his words, he let her go. Finally freed from the stench of old cigarette smoke and man sweat, she gasped in a fresh breath of air before she whirled on the doorway. Just to be helpful, her big idiot brother was standing there. Draped almost fashionably against the mosaicked walls.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes and murmured, "Why do you hate me, Rafael?"

"You're the middle child," Rafael snickered, "You should be used to it by now."

Enzo, still half-strangled, agreed, "He's right you know."

Their sister glared at them. With a sarcastic laugh, she swung up her arms defeatedly. Taking the other unoccupied stool across from her younger brother, she sat down and muttered insults at them until she was breathless. They wouldn't budge.

"¡Grupo de idiotas!" (Y/n) spat.

"Sorry, sis," Enzo tried to touch her hand soothingly, "You know it's for your own good."

(Y/n) then tried to stab him with a fork. She also insisted that it was for his own good.

Knowing that escape was futile, the young woman sank back into the stiff-backed chair and tried to ignore the anxiety fluttering in her chest. Being in her family home set her nerves jumping as thoughts of the night's activities returned to her, but she swallowed the feeling as best she could. Enzo kept trying to talk to her, make her smile, but she sat there stoically and glared at him. The goat had been trying to gnaw her skirt from under the table and she tried to kick it away, but she couldn't be too bothered about it and instead invited the brawny creature into her arms.