JOSH

-"Fly With Me" Iration

-"Night Changes" By One Direction

My fingers touched something metal, and I decided to pull the object out of the hat but tilted my head when I saw what it was. It was one of my rings from my room, which was a snake that wrapped around the finger.

"Simon, why am I in there?" I brushed my thumb over it. "I didn't give you permission to take this."

"That doesn't represent you," He smirked, and I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

But when I thought about it, I froze. There was only one person I knew that associated with snakes.

Josh.

His merch involved them.

"Shit," I muttered.

My eyes darted over to where Josh was standing, still leaning against the wall. He rolled his eyes and looked over at us. "I'm not playing. This game's for kids."

I raised my eyebrows. For once, I agreed with Josh. "Well, you heard it here first. Looks like I'm good to hit the hay—"

"Nope," Simon said. "JJ, get him in the closet."

"That's not the best idea—" I stepped back but watched as JJ made his way to Josh, gripping his arm and dragging him across the room. Josh protested and tried to get away, but JJ practically threw him in the closet. "This is ridiculous. I'm not getting in there with him. Especially not after you pissed him off."

Simon grabbed my arm before I could say anything else and dragged me towards the closet, shoving me in there so hard that I bumped into Josh, nearly bringing us both to the ground. "Have fun you two. Time starts now."

The door closed, hard, and I yelped, trying to distance myself as much as possible from Josh, despite not being able to see him. I leaned against the back wall of the closet, sighing.

We were silent for what felt like ages. I hated it.

"This is fun," I muttered.

I swore I heard him chuckle, before he spoke in a low voice. His voice was smooth, yet commanding, and it sent shivers down my spine. "You were expecting more?"

I widened my eyes at that and stammered. "What? No, I wasn't. I...uh...really just wanted to go to bed. I wasn't expecting this to happen tonight."

"Me neither," He admitted. He cleared his throat and shifted awkwardly at his spot near the door.

We were silent for another minute, and I cursed under my breath. "Why don't you like me? Did I offend you in some way?"

He stayed quiet, and my eyes finally adjusted in the dark. As they did, I saw his figure close to the door, and I tilted my head at him.

He was very attractive in that moment.

His jaw was set, almost as if he was concentrating on something. He was looking at the wall in front of him, not even acknowledging my existence as I stared at him. He was tall, and though it may not have seemed like it, he was somewhat muscular. He had a black, neatly trimmed beard and black hair, with eyes that were green with a hint of blue in them.

He snapped out of his focus and smirked, looking down at the ground before turning his head to look at me. He had an eyebrow raised, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't find the cocky look on his face sexy. When he spoke, though, I snapped out of my own trance. "Are you staring at me, Casey?"

I widened my eyes. "What? No, I'm not. I was just...lost in thought. Why do you make it a point to avoid me?"

He stared at me for a second, his gaze calculating and focused. He sighed. "You're just a bit too...out there."

I glared at him. "What's that supposed to mean? You don't know me."

"I know plenty about you," He snapped.

"How?" I raised my voice. "You make it a point not to talk to me. What could you possibly know about me?"

"I know your favorite food is Buffalo wings," He spoke sharply and pointed a finger at me. "That's all you eat when we order Domino's. You won't touch the pizza."

"Okay, but that doesn't prove—"

"I know when we order McDonald's, you make it a point to add extra pickles to your burger, but then take them off because you don't like the texture but you like the flavor they add to it," He clenched his fists and continued. "I know you got some blue paint on the wall a month ago, and you covered it up with that big painting you did of the field of flowers. Which, by the way, I cleaned the wall last week when you went to the store with Simon. I know you bite your bottom lip when you're nervous, and sometimes you even play with your hair. I know you sneak out of your room at exactly midnight every night and look up at the stars for three minutes."

I widened my eyes. "I—"

"I'm not done," He held up a hand and I shut my mouth. "I know your real name. Named after the constellation, Cassiopeia, which you go outside and look for every night but can never seem to find. I spend every night convincing myself not to go out there and show you where the constellation is. I know you hate your name, even though it's the most gorgeous name I've ever—"

I grabbed his forearm and pulled him over to me, causing him to stumble and get cut off. He nearly ran into the wall, and he leaned back against it with a confused look plastered on his face. Before he could say anything, I put my hands on his chest and held him against the wall.

I stood on my toes and crashed my lips onto his, lightly kissing his lips as he stood, frozen. When he didn't kiss me back, I gripped his shoulder tightly, slipping my tongue into his mouth and praying he did something  so I didn't look like an idiot.

To my relief, he wrapped both of his arms around me and pulled me even closer to him, leaning down and melting into our kiss as our tongues swirled around one another.

He brought his hand up and tangled it in my hair, keeping his other arm wrapped around my lower back. His hand trailed down from my hair and to my chest, but he didn't go any further than that.

Frustrated with this, I brought my hands down to his waist, running them under the front of his shirt. When I gripped the bottom of his shirt, though, he put his hands on mine and pulled away from me.

"Why?" He pulled my hands away from his shirt and spoke softly. "Why did you kiss me?"

I bit my lip, staring into his green eyes. "I, uh, I don't know. I guess I just thought—"

"Well you thought right," He smirked and he pulled me against him. "I'm crazy about you. Sorry my way of showing it has been...unconventional, but it's true."

I grinned and closed my eyes as he leaned down to kiss me again, and we didn't even notice the door open when our lips locked again.

JJ cleared his throat, so we pulled away and looked at him. His fists were clenched. "Huh. I didn't expect anything to happen in here."

He walked away from us and I tilted my head. "He seems..."

"Jealous?" Josh chuckled. "Yeah. They all are."

I raised an eyebrow but took his hand in mine. I loved the way his hand felt in mine. "Good."

See? I LOVE the approach I took to Josh's personality. I don't care what ya'll think, so HA.