TOBI

-"You Are the Reason" By Calum Scott

-"Play That Song" By Train

I reached my hand into the hat and winced when I was poked by something sharp.

I yanked my hand away and stared at my finger, which had started to bleed. I glared at Simon and JJ, but Simon just chuckled before pulling the object out of the hat. I narrowed my eyes at it.

"Who the hell does a pin represent?"

The pin was what had poked me, and it was small. It was a pin of a shoe, so I sighed when I figured out who it was. At least it wasn't JJ or Harry, who I knew would give me a hard time.

Tobi stood up quickly from his spot on the couch and met my eyes, looking down at the prick on my finger and glaring at Simon.

"You couldn't have closed it?"

"It's just a little blood," JJ scoffed.

I turned my gaze away from Tobi and clenched my fist, the one without the injury. "You're a d—"

"Okay!" Tobi rushed over and grabbed my hand, dragging me to the closet and closing the door behind us before I could finish my sentence.

When the darkness surrounded us, Tobi pulled out his phone and turned on his flashlight, aiming it at my hand, which was still in his. He tilted my hand up so he could look at my finger and sighed.

"Here," He took the end of his shirt and wiped the blood off my finger, and I giggled. He raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"It's just a prick," I stated. "You're acting like I was just shot."

He pressed his lips in a thin line and let go of my finger. He seemed embarrassed. "Sorry. Just a habit."

"You're fine," I giggled again.

He looked at me and set his phone face down on a shelf in the closet, so the flashlight lit up the room. I wrapped my arms around myself and shuddered, and he tilted his head. "Are you cold?"

"A little," I admitted. He pulled his jacket off and immediately wrapped it around me before I could protest. I blushed with a shy smile on my face.

"What a gentleman," I teased.

He chuckled nervously. "Don't make fun of me. I was raised right."

"You were," I stated. "Hey, remember last week, when that guy came up to me at the club and started bothering me?"

He cringed. "God, don't remind me."

"It was cute!" I whined. "No one's ever been so protective of me."

"Well, I wasn't exactly prepared for a full on fight," He sighed. "I could've gotten seriously injured. I was lucky JJ was there."

I smiled. "You still got some good hits in. JJ had to pull you away."

"In my defense, did you hear the things he said to you?"

"Loud and clear," I said. He chuckled, and he stared at me for a long time. He wasn't watching my eyes, but he was staring at my cheek. I waved a hand in front of his face. "Tobes? You good?"

He blinked. "Uh, yeah. You just have some paint on your face."

I gasped. "And no one told me? Where?"

He pointed at my cheek and I rubbed at it with my fingers, but he shook his head. I tried again, but apparently it was still there.

"Here, let me," He stepped towards me and brushed his thumb on my cheek, staring down into my eyes.

We got lost in each other's gaze, and he spoke. "I'm just going to say it. You're so freaking beautiful it hurts."

I widened my eyes. "Wh...what?"

"I play your favorite tunes in the car just so I can hear you sing along. You're so free, and you don't care what anyone says about you, and there's not a minute in the day that I don't think about you," He said quickly. "And you don't have to say anything, but I just wanted you to know that—"

I cut him off by grabbing the collar of his shirt and pulling him down to me, gently pressing my lips onto his and catching him off guard.

He didn't pull away, though. Instead, he kept his hand on my cheek and rested the other one on my waist. He kissed me back, and it was perfect. It was sweet and simple, and I enjoyed every second of it. I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around his neck, pressing myself against him but refusing to let the kiss get much more heated than that. Based on what I knew, he was someone who took things slow.

I smiled against his lips when his hand slipped and went down to my butt, and he quickly pulled away.

His eyes were wide, but he saw the smile on my face and laughed nervously. "Sorry."

I brought my hands from his neck to his chest, and I giggled. "You're so adorable."

He chuckled, and we stayed in that position for a few seconds before the door opened. Josh was stood at the door, and he raised an eyebrow at us. He spoke, probably for the first time ever in front of me.

"About time."

Tobi and I glanced at each other and smiled. I'd never felt more alive.

Second to last chapter? Any guesses on what Simon's will be like?