Chapter 5

We had already been in the boats for some time and now we had decided to go to the shore. So I climbed out of my boat, almost I would have forgotten Galadriel's gift, but eventually I put it in. I would open it in a quiet moment. Galadriel said to me before I assumed that this gift would show me the right way in distress. Whatever that meant, because I knew what I had to do and this was to take the ring to me and bring it to Mordor. Some were looking to make wood a fire. Since Frodo the ring bearer went on his own, I saw the perfect chance to take the ring off him. So I followed him but I quickly noticed that Boromir was always close. After some time he went to Frodo. I hid behind a tree trunk and listened to the two of them. Clearly I could hear that it was about the ring. Boromir wanted him, but Frodo disagreed at all. Eventually, Boromir attacked and Frodo tucked the ring. Boromir got a rage and hit wildly, but I knew it was because he was obsessed with the ring. I also knew that the Hobbit had run away and might even have seen me. Despite everything, I had to grin. I liked the chaos. That's when I heard Boromir start crying. I twisted my eyes and watched as I walked away. My plan was to find Frodo, because he was still alone and I had to take advantage of that. But even though I was the daughter of Sauron, I didn't feel the gift of the presence of the ring, so I could only walk through the woods and just focus on rustling in the foliage if I heard anything. Maybe I would also see the shadow of the hobbit quite easily, because the ring didn't make you really invisible. He let those who carried him dive into another world or something. I didn't know for sure, but I knew you didn't disappear. But I heard nothing and so I continued to walk aimlessly through the forest. Suddenly I heard an unpleasant smell. Uruks. I had to grin again. This would be a good help to me, because in the chaos I could perhaps take off Frodo's ring. I followed the smell and the screams. I stood a little off side and looked at a small clearing on which was a ruin. There a whole flock of orcs approached Aragorn. I kept in the shadows looking for Frodo, but I didn't see him. He killed some orcs and eventually Legolas and Gimli came running and helped Aragorn. But then you heard the sound of a horn. As I looked back, I saw Merry and Pippin, and a whole bunch of orcs came to them, but I also saw Boromir running towards the orcs. When Boromir blew into the horn again, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli ran past me to help him. I decided to wait a moment, then I went after them. I didn't bother to draw a dagger or a sword because I assumed the Uruks wouldn't attack me. However, I was wrong with this presumption and a Uruk suddenly appeared behind me and wanted to kill me with his sword. I could just dodge, pulled my dagger and slammed it into his neck. It made me immensely angry. My father must have told Saruman that I was out here and he should have told his Uruks not to touch me. On the other hand, Uruks were very unfaithful and I didn't know for sure whether he was treacherous or didn't know. In principle, it didn't matter. The fact was that this Uruk had attacked me and when I looked around I noticed that he wasn't the only one trying. This made me even more angry and I drew my sword and waited until most of them were near me. Then I turned and pulled the feet off the Uruks. After that I stabbed everyone who got up again, but I overlooked one and couldn't stab him anymore, because I was busy with another. But before he could hit me with his sword, an arrow pierced him. I looked at him in amazement and he sank to the ground dead. All the other Uruks were also defeated and suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I swirled around and looked at Legolas' face. But he was terrified when he saw me and I knew why. I quickly looked away. Every time I was angry, or in some way lost control, my eyes turned into a dark, dangerous yellow. I took a deep breath two times and reassured myself that my eyes were back to their normal color. Legolas had saved my life. Why did he save my life? There was no reason to do so. "All right?" he asked me. Somehow he made me angry, but he also confused me. I nodded only slightly, but did not look at him. "Legolas!" cried Gimli at the moment and when we saw him, I discovered Aragorn lying over Boromir. He was pierced by three arrows and lay dying. Legolas immediately ran to Gimli but I stopped and looked at them. Boromir spoke to Aragorn and told him where the hobbits were taken by the Uruks and then died. Actually, I was supposed to be happy that I had got rid of another companion, but I was still quite stunned that Legolas had saved my life for no reason. My father always told me that you should only save the lives of others if that person was still useful for anything. I wasn't important to Legolas, at least he didn't need me for anything, but I didn't know 100 percent. I ripped myself out of my mind and looked around. The Uruks had taken Merry and Pippin with them, which was not relevant to me, but where was Frodo? He was the only one who was important to me because he still had the ring. Then I heard a call from Sam. He was quiet and I could only hear him, thanks to my elven ears. He called to Frodo and when I looked in the direction, I knew they had to be on the boats. I ran off. But by the time they arrived, they were almost on the other side. Then Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn arrived and Legolas asked us to get on the boats and go afterwards. Aragorn, however, said that Frodo and Sam would now move on on their own and that we would pursue the Uruks to free Merry and Pippin. I disagreed with that at all, but I said nothing. On the one hand I didn't want to give up my cover, on the other hand I had to get the ring before Frodo took it to Mordor and destroyed it. I could not fail, otherwise I would disappoint my father. I didn't have much time to decide whether to go with Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas or if I would pursue Frodo and Sam. Without really knowing why, I brought out Galadriel's gift and opened it. There is a small sphere in it. It is smooth and its inner is foggy. However, on closer inspection I can see some stars between the fogs. Suddenly I see some pictures in my head. At first they are blurred, but eventually they become more and more apparent. It's Legolas. "Are you coming?" I got ripped from my mind and the pictures disappeared. It was Legolas who had spoken and he looked at me with anticipation. Although I didn't know exactly why, I nodded and went to the others. "Let's hunt a few orcs," Aragorn said, and we followed him.

And here is Part 5. We hope (again) that you like it xD ^^