CHAPTER 51

|NAINA|

I knew today was going to be a very long and one of those days. Viraj had already left .I had spoken to him a while ago. Apparently this mission can either end in a single day or it can even take days. God! I'm hoping it ends in a single day! I want him back here as soon as possible.

My day was going pretty well actually. I recited a few stories, played with Meera and Veer. Spoke to my parents and lazed around for a bit.

Right now I'm in the middle of a book. I had just started reading Pride and Prejudice. What an amazing book! I was falling in love with the words and the era that it was set in. Halfway through the chapter my phone started buzzing. It was an unknown number I picked it up.

"Hello! Is this Naina Rao?" The caller asked. "Yes this is she! May I know who's calling?" The caller was definitely a woman . She cleared her throat. " I'm calling from Techie enterprises. Ms. Naina Rao, you have been selected for the interview. The first round in another week. Hope you can make it." Oh my god! I got an interview call.  Holy shit! I wanted to scream in joy.

"Hello Ms. Naina? Are you there?" I closed my mouth and controlled my excitement reminding myself that this is only an interview call I still didn't get the job. "Right! Thank you!" I exclaimed jumping on the bed. "So I'll be mailing you the details of the interview. All the best!" With that the woman cut the call.

I threw my phone on the bed and screamed. I was finally going to work. I did apply for a few more companies but this is a really good one. I was dancing around the room when my phone started ringing again. It was Annie. I picked up excited to share the news with her. To be honest I wanted Viraj to know first but I knew it would be madness to call him right now.

"Hey Annie!!!" I screamed excitedly into the speaker. "Woah! Someone sure does sound happy! What's up? Did you eat the candies that were for Veer?" I rolled my eyes but giggled. "Ugh no! Guess what! I got a call for an interview! I'm so happy right now! I might be getting a job!" I exclaimed the last part excitedly.

Annie squealed and screamed as well. "Oh my god! This is amazing! I'm so happy for you! We have to celebrate. Did you tell Viraj?" I laughed at her energy. "No not yet! He might be busy right!" She hummed agreeing. "Right I forgot to tell you. I'm coming in another hour to pick you up. We have to go to the airport."

I frowned, "Why?" I asked her. "We have to go and pick up Indu! She's coming back for a few days." I nodded my head and smiled. "Oh okay that's cool. Why now though? She can come when the guys return right?"

"True but remember this mission can get over maybe in a few days plus she couldn't wait any longer." I sighed an nodded my head. Long distance is never easy. I'm starting to get that. I don't care but I'm willing to do anything for Viraj. I love him so much.

I was lost in my mind when Annie screeched into the phone. "Hello Naina! Where are you lost?" I closed my eyes and sighed. "Nothing, so why don't you come over right now? Meera and Veer don't have any classes today so you can spend some time with her."

Annie sighed dreamily and squeaked. "Okay! I'll be there in some time." She exclaimed happily and cut the call even before I could reply. I laughed and placed the phone on the bed. I feel anxious and I have no clue why. I need to keep my mind occupied else I'll go crazy.

Someone knocked on the room exactly after 10 minutes. I opened the door and was tackled by Annie with a hug. "Hello there! So where's Meera?" She clapped her hands and jumped on her feet. I chuckled and shook my head with a smile. She can be such a kid. "Well all the toddlers are outside playing on the ground but if my guess is right Veer and Meera are probably in their room. Why don't we go check?"