Chapter 1: Maybe Baby

With a firm grasp, I opened the door of the burger joint and stepped inside before making my way through a small hallway and into the actual joint. I was new in town and was going to be starting at a high school called Jefferson High in a week. My mother had made me come to this burger joint called Arnold's as a way for me to meet some new friends before my first day at school. I wasn't all for the idea, but my mother insisted and would accept no "buts" from me. Sometimes, I wish she had an off switch.

Ambling, I made my way further into the joint not quite sure where to sit. There appeared to be no empty booths at the moment.

"Hey! You! Over here!" a feminine voice called from the right of me.

I turned my head to the right to see a girl with short, blond hair smiling at me.

She was sitting at a booth with two other girls

I had no idea who she was, but her friendly smile drew me in as I found myself approaching her booth. "Hi, um, I'm sorry, but I think you have mistaken me for someone else," I said shyly, giving the girl a friendly smile of my own.

The girl giggled a little. "No, I haven't mistaken you for someone else. You're Sarah Turner, right? I'm Arlene Davis. You start at Jefferson High next week if I am correct."

"H-how did you know my name?" I stammered.

"I'm going to be your student ambassador when you start at Jefferson," she explained. "I already know a little bit about you for introduction purposes."

"Oh."

"Nice to meet you by the way," Arlene smiled before patting the empty seat beside her. "Why don't you sit here with us."

I smiled at her offer. "Sure," I said, scooting into the booth and sitting down beside her.

"This is Wendy

and Molly," Arlene explained, introducing me to her two friends

"Hi, nice to meet you," the two girls somehow managed to say at the exact same time. Maybe they were related.