Chapter 24

(listen to the song while reading :) If you want to of course. 

_______________________________

“F.uck. F.uck. Fuck.” I heard Harry whisper. I tried opening my eyes. It was no use. 

“Please, wake up.” And something warm was on my hand, squeezing lightly. I wanted to open my eyes but it was no use, again. 

“We’re almost there baby. Please, don't die.” I heard him sniffle. Was he crying?

And I went back to the deep slumber, where I couldn’t feel anything but peace. There wasn’t any pain in this place. I felt oddly relax in the darkness. Nothing but black to see. I inhaled and exhaled. 

Just then, from far away, a faint light came. It was very far and so tiny. But it was there, I walked closer to it. Wanting to feel that relaxation forever. It came closer and closer to me. I reached out to touch it. 

“She’s awake!” I could hardly breathe. I was in the hospital again. What happened?

“Harry?” I called out. 

“Baby, I'm here. I went to get you water, I know how thirsty you get when you wake up.” 

“How long was I out for?” 

“Two weeks.” He sniffled. 

“Are you crying? Why are you crying?” I sat up and instant pain shot right through my head. I winced and looked at his red, puffy eyes. 

“Ana! Ana!” And my mother came in, she was crying too. My father came in with red eyes and stained cheeks, anyone could tell he was crying, too. 

“Guys! What's wrong?” I almost screamed. 

“Nothing’s wrong, baby.” 

“Harry, don't lie.” I huffed and crossed my arms. My head hurts a lot. 

“I’m not lying baby.” He whispered and kissed my forehead, lingering his lips there. 

“Then, lets go out. We still have a list to finish.” I tried getting out of the bed but an IV was inserted in my arm, I looked down and I was wearing a hospital gown. Where are my clothes?

“Harry, tell me what’s wrong. Please.” And without noticing it, tears began falling down my face. I grabbed his hand and held it close to my face, sobbing into it. His hand immediately moved to my back and he rubbed it soothingly. His mouth peppered assuring, tiny kisses all over my head. 

“Baby, what i’m about to say has a chance of being true, a very small chance.” I raised my face to look at him and nodded for him to continue, He took a deep breath and looked at my parents. They were oddly silent.

“Your cancer is spreading, rapidly.” He sighed again, and placed yet another kiss to my forehead. “And don’t you worry about it, but it may decrease your life, By a tiny chance.” 

I gasped and tears continued falling. I felt my throat tightening as I exhaled. “How long do I have left?” 

“Two, maybe Three months.” He gulped and I let go of him to hug my knees close. My head hurt a lot from all this crying. I clutched it and screamed. I hate this. I looked up and Harry began crying too. 

“Baby.” Harry extended his hand out and rubbed my arm. My life was almost over, it was decreasing by the minute. In a couple of months, I won’t see Harry anymore. That was the worst thing ever. 

I clung my arms around his neck and hugged him close, I don't know when I will last see him. I sobbed into his neck as he continued rubbing my back. I heard the door close and when I looked up, my parents weren’t there. 

“I don't want to die.” I whined as more and more tears fell down. 

“My heart broke a thousand times when I heard. You’ve been so strong and I couldn’t be prouder. I love you, never forget that.” He whispered and I nodded. 

“I didn’t even finish the list.” I said as he gave a light, almost fake chuckle. 

“Only you would be thinking about a list at a time like this.” I giggled tiredly and hugged him closer.

“Never let go, Harry.” I whispered into his ear as he sighed. 

“Never.” 

“Ana! Honey. I just heard. Im so sorry.” Karen unexpectedly barged in. I pulled away and went to hug her. We both sobbed into each other. She kept whispering calming things into my ear. 

“Karen, will she be able to get out of the hospital soon?” Harry murmured, rubbing his nose. I looked at him with a pout, trying to memorise his face. My favorite thing about this ugly world. 

“I apologise but I don't think that would be okay. Ill check with your nurse and I’ll tell you.” She excused herself and went out. 

“I don’t want to stay here until I die.” I pouted and harry looked at me with pure sympathy. He once again held me in his arms, Sighing loudly.

“I’m gonna make sure your last days are the best. I promise.” Harry spoke, his voice was dry, probably from crying too much.

“You don’t have to.” I whispered, sniffling. 

“I want to, you’ve made my days a million times better. I love who I am with you,” He spoke, turning to face me, “I,” He said and kissed my forehead, “love,” a small kiss was placed on my nose, causing me to crinkle it, “You.” And in a classic cliche move, he kissed my lips. 

“I love you, Harry.” 

“I never thought i’d love anybody this much before. You did something unordinary. But, thank you.” His phone rung and he huffed, answering it. I sighed, wanting to spend every minute with him. 

“There’s a surprise for you, It’s coming upstairs now.” He said when he hung up, I didn't realise I zoned out. I looked at him and smiled faintly. 

“Ana!” And a blond head walked in. I smiled for the first time as I saw Niall coming in, Arms spread out wide. I ran into him but the IV in my hand stopped me.

“Easy, tiger.” Harry chuckled lightly as Niall hugged me tightly. 

“Where were you all this time?” Niall asked, chuckling. He pulled back and I sat on the bed again, momentarily forgetting what happened. 

“Where were you?” I giggled. 

“Every time I called harry about you, he told me you're busy. I started thinking you're Obama or something.” I looked at harry as he looked down. He never told me Niall called, except yesterday. 

“I get jealous. Okay?” Harry raised his arms in the air. Gosh, he's cute. 

“By the way, Harry told me what happened ” Niall trailed off, “Can’t believe earth’s losing someone like you. Absolutely terrible.” He breathed out and I looked sadly at him. Good to know ill be missed. 

A knock on the door startled me, “Come in.” I said a bit loudly. Karen came in and closed the door behind me, she had a small smile. 

“You’re allowed to get out. Only six hours a week, though. It was four but I worked my magic.” I smiled and clapped quickly, almost anything was needed to lift my mood. 

“Then it’s settled, Next friday. Six hours. Be ready at Five.” Harry said and kissed my hand, I grinned at him, nodding quickly at him.

___________________________

(a

): I cried writing this omg

The ending wouldn't be how you probably expect it to be

and btw be ready for the next chapter because it's exciting wooo