Chapter 19

I woke up, Harry’s head still on my stomach as he slept on the uncomfortable chair for yet another night. He refused to go home and get some rest on a proper bed. I felt guilty for enjoying his stay here, I would’ve asked him to sleep with me on the bed, but that would be too inappropriate.

My mother pushed the door open, not considerate to anyone that might be asleep. I widened my eyes and pointed to the sleeping Harry by my side. She apologised in a small gesture. 

“I got breakfast” She cheered, a bit too loudly.

“Mum, he’s asleep!” 

“Not anymore” Harry rasped, his morning voice was my favourite thing about the morning. 

“Good morning” I said with a small smile. 

“Mornin’. What’s for breakfast?” He stood up and stretched, his shirt lifting up a bit. 

“I got muffins from a nearby store, I got Anastasia blueberry muffins, and I got you some banana muffins.” I cringed. Blueberries? I never liked them.

“Seriously?” Harry scoffed, “She hates blueberries. I never thought someone would fail this much at being a mother, you really do surprise me.” He said while walking to the bathroom, a frown was on my mother’s face. “We’re getting breakfast after I use the bathroom” 

And my mother broke down. She got to her knees, balling her eyes out. My heart felt like it was being ripped apart. Why does seeing your mother cry feel like this? 

“Mum?” I went to her side, and rubbed her back. 

“I’m sorry, I keep trying to be a perfect mother but I just can’t” 

“Don’t listen to Harry. You’re a great mother” 

“I’m not-“ And that was when Harry decided to get back and join us. 

“Let’s go?” 

“Harry I-“

“Go. Your father and I will eat the muffins” My mother wiped one last tear and stood up. I got some clothes and went to change in the bathroom. 

“Let’s go” Harry said sternly and opened the door. We got out of the hospital but instead of going to the parking lot, we walked towards the park. 

“Where are we going?” 

“There’s a hot dog stand nearby, their hotdogs are so good” even though I would normally object to having hotdogs for breakfast, but I was in no mood to argue with him right now. 

When we got our hotdogs and -as usual- Harry payed, we began walking in the park. 

“Harry” 

“Hmm” He hummed, unable to speak from the huge bite of hotdog he just took. 

“Don’t you think you were a bit mean to my mother earlier?” 

“She deserves it.” 

“But-“

“No, she does. No one leaves their daughter with a psycho aunt.” 

“Okay.”

“Don’t be upset” 

“I’m not” I breathed, not sure if I should ask or not “What’s it with your mother? I mean, you never talk about her” 

He stopped walking, throwing the rest of his hotdog in the nearest trash can. A frown took over his face and I hated myself for asking. 

“You really want to know?”

“Not if you don’t want to tell me”

“I will. But just know that you’re one of the few people that I’d actually talk with about this.” He took a deep breath and started. 

“My mother was-“ 

_________

a/n: Sorry for the short chapter but illl start updating weekly now

thank you all for commenting on the author's note i posted earlier

AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT, IT REALLY MOTIVATES ME TO UPDATE