chapter eight

My eyes fluttered open as Sophia got up from beside me on the couch. I turned to grab my phone from beside me to check the time. Shit. It was already 9:30. I shot up off of the couch and stubbed my toe on the edge of the coffee table. I winced in pain and grabbed onto my foot, hopping up and down.

"Hey guys? We have to go, we're going to be late!" I yelled out as I hobbled into my room to change. I put on a pair of leggings and pulled my sweatshirt over my head. "Did anyone get the uber yet?" I asked as I combed my hands through my hair and touched up the makeup around my eye.

"Yes, it'll be here in 5 minutes!" Aven called from the other room. We all rushed out of the suite and met the uber driver who was waiting outside the lobby. We pulled up to Blush Bridal with a couple minutes to spare and were greeted as we walked inside.

"Hi! You must be Sophia," she said walking up to Soph, who was wearing a tiara and a bride sash. "I'm Andi and i'll be helping you ladies today!" Another lady walked up behind her carrying a tray of champagne and placed it on the table in front of us. We all introduced ourselves and grabbed a glass as Sophia explained what she was hoping to find for the dresses. She wanted everyone wearing a champagne colour but she didn't care what the style was, she was leaving that up to us to decide. "Okay ladies, go ahead and grab anything that catches your eye and i'll get you each set up in a room," she said with a smile.

I tried on so many different types of dresses-short and tight, long and flowy, some with slits and even some that were strapless. We finally came to an agreement on a long, champagne coloured dress with butterfly sleeves and we were all going to match.

imessage

wren🦋
we found our dresses!
attachment: 3 images

mama bear🧸
I love them! You all
look absolutely beautiful💗

wren🦋
thanks mom 🥺 Soph and I
are going to stop by later
tonight if that's okay?

mama bear🧸
of course! we're doing tacos
for dinner if you girls want
to stay

wren🦋
you had me at tacos

I put my phone back into my jacket and slipped out of the dress after Andi took all of my measurements for the alterations. Since I was going to be wearing heels, I didn't need it to be hemmed but they decided to tighten the sleeves.

"Okay you ladies are all set! We will give you a call in a month or so and you can come pick them up," Andi said as we grabbed our stuff and walked towards the door.

"Thank you so much for everything!" I said to Andi. "Today was so much fun." We got into our uber and headed back to the hotel to pack everything up and check out. Aven held her key card up to unlock our door and we all split up to clean up the penthouse. I threw all of the clothes that were laying on the bed into my suitcase and put all of my makeup in my duffel. Amelie pulled her suitcase to the door and walked into my room while scrolling though her phone and flopped onto the bed.

"How are you feeling?" she asked me, looking up from her phone.

"A lot better actually," I replied. "I'm still covered in bruises but the only thing that's bothering me is my eye," I explained to her as my fingers brushed my swollen eye. I was hoping the swelling would have started going down by now, but it looks like i'm going to have to go into work looking like a wreck. "Ready to head home?"