chapter one

It was a crisp fall morning in November and I was lounging on the couch rewatching my favourite show, Julie and The Phantoms for the third time this week, as Sophia was packing her suitcase. The bare branches of the tree planted beside our townhouse tapped lightly against the window swaying with the wind, taking my attention away from the tv for a brief second. When I turned back, the band had just appeared to sing Bright on stage with Julie in front of the whole school and I was singing along with them. It was Friday and I finally had a few days off from working at the hospital to relax and hang out with my friends.

"Wren!" Sophia called from the other room. "Can I get some help in here?" I looked around for the remote to pause the show, rolled off the couch and made my way into her room, pulling my long brown locks into a messy bun. She was fumbling with the zipper on her suitcase as clothes were spilling out the sides. Laying beside her was smaller duffel bag filled to the top with makeup and different pairs of high heels.

"You know we're just going Downtown for the weekend right?" I asked as I walked up beside her. She turned sharply and glared at me before getting up to grab her curling iron from the bathroom. As she passed me the iron, her diamond ring glistened in the sunlight that beamed into the room. "My eyes!" I teased. She rolled her eyes at me and stuck out her tongue as she grabbed more clothes for her suitcase. Sophia and her fiancé, Tyler, had gotten engaged back in March when they went to Disneyland to celebrate their two year anniversary. Tyler had arranged the proposal with Disney and was able to get Mickey and Minnie to meet them at the castle as the sun began to set. He got down on one knee, pulled out her dream princess cut ring and popped the question. Sophia happily accepted and was in complete shock when they facetimed me in front of the castle- we were both in tears, happy tears of course. They decided that their wedding date would be May 17th next year in Cancun, Mexico, which meant a week long vacation and celebration for all of us.

This weekend we have a penthouse suite booked at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in to celebrate Sophia's bachelorette party. The Fairmont is one of the nicest hotels in Vancouver where a lot of celebrities will stay when they visit, it also happens to be the perfect place for a bachelorette weekend. I've basically had the whole weekend planned out since Sophia asked me to be her maid of honor after Tyler proposed. We've been best friends since we were little and we have always dreamed of getting married standing by each others' side. There were four other girls in the wedding party who were meeting us Downtown in Vancouver: Amelie, our other best friend, Tyler's sister, Olivia, and two of Sophia's friends from the office that she worked at. The plan for the weekend was to go for a nice dinner, hit the Roxy, which was a club downtown, and then take the rest of the weekend to relax at the spa and shop. I even made us an appointment at Blush Bridal to try on bridesmaids dresses on Sunday before we had to head home.

I bent down and reached into her suitcase, taking an armful of clothes out and dropped them onto the bed. Sophia always went overboard when it came to packing for any trip and I was always the one that tried to reason with her.

"Hey-" Sophia began to object as I walked out of the room and plopped myself back on the couch. I grabbed the remote, pressed play and Luke continued his solo in the song.

"You don't need all of those clothes, trust me!" I yelled out to her. She came into the room dragging her now closed suitcase behind her with her long blonde hair swaying with every step.

"Oh god, this show again? Don't you get sick of it?" she asked as she grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and took a sip.

"I could never!" I argued back. "It seriously is the best show, you have to watch it." Sophia always refused to watch with me because she thought it was a 'kids show' and she claimed that she was too good for that. "Just come sit and watch for a few minutes before we have to leave." She let out a sigh of defeat and plunked herself beside me on the couch. The guys had just surprised Julie outside in the hallway and they were discussing everything that had happened in the gym.

"Okay the blonde one's pretty cute and that Charlie guy that you always talk about is pretty hot too," said Olivia. "Don't tell Tyler I said that!" I laughed and nudged her with my shoulder, raising my eyebrows to tease her.

"HA, I knew you would like it! We're definitely watching it once we come home." I said with a smirk on my face. I knew that it would take a bit of convincing but I was determined to make it happen. "The blonde one is Alex and he's played by Owen Patrick Joyner and then Luke is played by Charlie," I explained with a huge smile. I had the biggest crush on Charlie Gillespie and everyone knew it. He just seemed like such an amazing guy and that body-

"Wren, stop drooling!" My thoughts were interrupted when a throw pillow suddenly hit my face. 

"Ouch," I whined as I rubbed my face then crossed my arms in defence.

"It's always Charlie this, Charlie that." She paused and grabbed my hand. "Hun, you know you're never going to meet him, right?" I turned to face her and let out a sigh, letting her hand go. 

"I mean, they are filming season two right now so it's still a possibility." I said to try to reassure myself as Sophia scanned over me with a concerned look. They filmed the first season of the show in Vancouver and they had all flown in and just started production of season two last week. Deep down I knew she was right; how would someone like me ever meet Charlie Gillespie?

"The Uber's here!" Sophia exclaimed as her phone buzzed. I snapped back to reality. "I just got a text from the driver, let's get my bachelorette weekend started!" She grabbed her suitcase and lugged it out the door. I sighed, took my hair out of its elastic, pulled on a beanie and grabbed my suitcase as I headed to the door to join her. Bachelorette weekend here we come!

_

Hey everyone! I'm new to this but I hope you enjoyed the first chapter; let me know what you think :) I'm excited to see what's to come, hope ya'll are too!