{Chapter 10}

After a 10 minute drive in a comfortable silence. The two men arrived at Aaron's house. It was a pretty nice house, Aaron clearly had a decent amount of money.

The two walked into the house, Aaron placed his keys on the kitchen counter and led George into the living room where they both fell onto the couch.

"Thank you for meeting me." George said shyly, looking down at his feet.

"Hey it's no issue. Your clearly upset, is everything okay? I know we haven't known each other long, but you can trust me George." Aaron was trying to comfort George, and he was doing a good job, he knew exactly the right things to say.

"Thank you so much. It's just one of my roommates." George began.

He took a deep breath, readying himself to explain everything to a complete stranger. However he trusted him, he knew he was kind and caring.

"I gained feelings for my roommate, Clay. We had been best friends for years online and i flew over to Florida for us to finally meet." George carried on.

"However, when i arrived, i soon realised that i didn't just see him as my best friend. I didn't mean to, but i expressed everything i felt towards him to him. Only issue is he has a girlfriend, and I'm pretty sure he's straight." George felt a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Then today, when I came home after meeting you, I was talking about you, and he like completely snapped at me. Almost like he was jealous? It didn't make sense, i don't get it. It isn't fair how he thinks he can act like that after everything." George was still looking down.

"Look George. I know that we have just met, but it seems like your going through a lot. If you want, then you could stay here for as long as you need, to clear you mind. I have a spare bedroom." Aaron smiled, he knew exactly how to make George feel better. He was so caring, George liked that about him.

"Thank you." George replied.

***

Some time passed, the two had been talking for a while and even ended up attempting, key word attempting, to bake. George spent the whole time laughing, he had completely forgot about all his problems, all because of Aaron.

They were sitting on the couch watching a movie when George's phone started to ring, it was Dream. He didn't want to pick up, but George had been gone hours and he needed to explain that he'd be staying with Aaron for some nights.

"Sorry i need to take this." George explained to Aaron, who gave him a reassuring smile.

George picked up the phone.

"Hello?" George said sheepishly, he was scared as to what Dream was going to stay.

"George what the heck! Are you okay? I've been looking for you for ages! We've all been worried sick." Dream raised his voice, clearly conceded.

"I'm sorry. I just needed to clear my head." George replied, it made his stomach drop, he felt so guilty for making his friends worry.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" Dream quickly asked.

"I'm at Aaron's place." George hesitated before answering, he knew this would probably worry Dream after their conversation earlier.

"Are you okay? I can come pick you up!" Dream's words were fast.

"Dream stop. I'm okay. More than okay actually. I've been having fun okay. I'm going to be staying at Aaron's place for a few nights, maybe more, i don't really know yet." George replied.

Dream sighed, he waited a few moments before replying. "But you came to Florida to see us? Now your off with some random guy?" Dream sounded hurt.

"Are you kidding? Where have you been? Sorry that your the only one who can have a relationship! You've been off with Eva half of the time." George snapped.

"I didn't know you felt that way. I'm sorry George. Can you please just come home? We miss you." Dream sounded desperate, like he really needed George.

It hurt George hearing Dream this way. He wanted to just run home and pull Dream into his arms and tell him everything was going to be okay. However it wasn't, both of them knew that. From the second George expressed his feelings for Dream, they were never going to return as normal. It felt as though they were losing each other, like their friendship was slipping away, it hurt like hell.

"Sorry Dream. I'm staying with Aaron." George replied before quickly hang up, a tear rolling down his cheek.

He then returned back to the living room, placing himself next to Aaron who swung an arm round George's shoulders, comforting him.

***

{Dream POV from after the phone call.}

Dream heard the phone hang up before he could even respond.

"So is he okay? When's he coming back?" Sapnap rushed to ask Dream the second he got off the phone.

"We're losing him Sapnap. It's like our friendship isn't even there anymore. It hurts." Dream's voice cracked.

Sapnap pulled him into a tight hug, Dream melted into the touch and hugged him back, crying into his shoulder. He just needed to let it out.

To be honest, Dream never and still didn't know how he felt about George. If anything, he just needed and still needs time to figure it out. He'd never actually, deeply thought about George more than a friend, so it was hard for him to figure out how he actually felt.

All he knew is that he missed George. Not just because he had been gone a couple hours, but because they all knew that their friendship was deteriorating.

Their friendship was something they all cherished. Something they vouched to never lose because of how much it meant to them, how special it was.

This whole trip was just a mess. Everything was going wrong. This is not how they imagined it. They had planned and dreamt of the day they'd meet for years, yet it was more like a nightmare.

"God I can't lose him for good Sapnap." Dream suddenly spoke up through his sobs.

"I know. I know. We won't, okay?" Sapnap replied comfortingly.

***

{1038 words}

aww these types of chapters are sad:(
I don't like to write about the Dream Team splitting up lol. Well luckily it's just a fanfic-

If you have any questions regarding the fanfic or want to say anything about it/ask me anything then head over to my tiktok and just comment things on my videos, it's easier for me to see and reply there!

tiktok - raeisunavailable