(floof) A birthday kiss

I thought this would be cute as hell, so have some floofy floof.

I hope you enjoy you floofly lil coffee beans
~~~~~~~~~

Today was my birthday, it never made me particularly happy, but it did serve as a reminder that I was strong and that I made it. And that made me happy, being able to survive... Being strong enough to continue living, perhaps all for Nightmare, and just generally being around him so often made me feel really good, but more than anything today. I wasn't bursting with excitement or anything, but I didn't feel sleep deprived as death, though I felt tense. It was a little annoying, but that's alright.

In general, I felt nice today.

I doubted anyone would know it's my birthday, considering I don't think I've ever mentioned it to anyone, but that's ok. Waking up feeling like I actually slept was nice enough. I'd be flattered if anyone actually knew about it and managed to remember it though. I got dressed and walked out of my room, smiling a little, heading to Nightmare's office to see what my assignments were for today.

I knocked on the door, but got no response. I figured he may have just been in the library or in the throne room, but decided to open the door anyway. "My king?" I asked quietly, smiling like an idiot. Though that smile only grew fonder as I saw him asleep on his desk.  He looked relaxed. I teleported a blanket into my hands and put it over his shoulders, planning to just let him sleep and clean up around the castle, but as I walked over to the door something snaked around my waist. I nearly screamed as I felt it, the sound coming out as a gasp as I grasped at the tendril around my waist... but I calmed down a little as I realize it was just Nightmare sleepily tugging me back over to him.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to wake you Sir." I muttered. "It's fine... It was a very sweet gesture." Nightmare muttered tiredly, sighing before stretching a little and tugging me into a hug, pulling me down into his lap to do so. "My king?" I questioned softly. "Happy birthday." Nightmare says tiredly, lightly kissing my cheek. Then going back to hiding his face in my shoulder, only to pull away as he probably sensed my flustered confusion and shock. My soul skipped beats as I thought over the little affection from the other.  Nightmare smiled a little at my flustered and shocked face. Snapping me out of my daze as I heard him laugh little, "N- Nightmare!" I squeaked, suddenly questioning what exactly just happened, still processing the strange behavior. "Mhm?" He asked, looking amused by my embarrassment. "Why did you- you don't just-" I struggled to explain for a moment before getting myself together.

"Why did you do... That?" I asked sheepishly, having mixed feelings about sitting in Nightmare's lap pretty much pinned to his desk... "Do what?" Nightmare asked, clearly aiming to embarrass Cross more. "That!" Cross muttered, getting more flustered. "Oh this?" Nightmare asked, kissing cross on the cheek again with a mischievous smile, to which he quickly squeaked, "Y- Yes that! W- Why are you doing that!" Cross asked, managing to turn an even deeper purple than before as he pushed Nightmare back a little, trying to wrap his head around why he would toy with him like this.

"Why do you think?" Nightmare asked curiously, looking almost completely unreactive over anything Cross did. "I think you're playing with my head right now and I really don't like it..." Cross mutters, glancing down at the floor next to them, his blush fading a little. Nightmare immediately looked distressed at that answer, "what- No! Phf- Cross why would I ever do that?" Nightmare laughed, a hand gently brushing his cheek, encouraging him to look back at the taller. "Hey, I would never mess with you like that." He says almost sternly, but his worry softened into a smile. "I love you. I thought it'd be nice to tell you today... It's okay if you feel differently I ju-" Nightmare was quite suddenly interrupted as Cross shifted a little, cupping the taller's face in his hands and giving him a soft, loving kiss.

Nightmare kissed back, finding the need to do so somewhat natural. Cross pulled away, smiling fondly at the taller, "if you wanted a kiss all you had to do was ask." Cross chuckled, hugging him and hiding his face in the crook of Nightmare's neck. Needless to say Nightmare was a little shocked at his bluntness. "I still want a kiss..." Nightmare huffed. Cross pulled away from the hug, smiling at him. Cross hesitantly moved forward, A little flustered when it wasn't just a split second decision. Night smiled at him too, closing the gap between them. The kiss was gentle and loving, but rather long lived. Nightmare licked over the smaller's teeth, enticing him to open his mouth, their tongues exploring eachother with an attentive curiosity.

When they pulled away, Cross was a pretty deep shade of purple and Nightmare's face looked, quite noticably, dark teal. "You know, I've been wanting to kiss you for a while..." Night sighed, "but I have to ask what I am to you." Nightmare questioned softly, one of his thumbs gently petting Cross' cheek. "I love you... And I- I wanted to tell you but, I feared that you may not want me by your side anymore... So I suppose answer your question... I love you..." Cross admitted shyly. Nightmare smiled, "I love you too... Maybe we could talk about it more over dinner tonight?" Nightmare asked.

Cross got flustered, raising a metaphorical brow. "Is this you asking me out?" Cross asks, smiling a little at the invitation. "Perhaps..." Nightmare teases, smiling down at him. "Yes, I'm asking you on a date." He chuckles. "I'll accept then." Cross smiles.
~~~~~~~~~

Remember to attain an appropriate amount of human sustenance and water and have a wonderful day! Much love from a moth friend. This is it for my time with you today, But I do hope you enjoyed this chapter you sinful little butterflies.

- Arca