After the remodel of the new S.H.I.E.L.D, everyone had agreed to join forces and fight all evil of the world. And not just Earth, but all other worlds. Thor had started working out again, cutting back on drinking. And Korg joined at his side, as a great companion and friend. After the death of Tony, Falcon took over with Thor as his equal. Hulk finally gained some control over himself. Meaning Bruce was Hulk and Hulk was Bruce. Strong and green but intelligent too. Peter or as you know him, Spiderman, graduated high school joining them, so that he could help protect the world from destruction. Valkyrie also joined their side, living in New York with them in a one bedroom apartment.

As for Wanda Vision, she lived on, working along side Falcon and the others. Black Panther would come back from time to time, to see what tasks he was assigned to. From robbery to murder, the city never slept. Always busy. Gamora and Nebula put aside the differences they had, and joined forces with Star boy, they came back every now and then. If they were needed. The galaxies would be safer with them trolling it. Groot was now considered an adult tree, and he was smart. And yes his language was still the same. Rocket continued to stand with him. Drax and Nebula were now close once more. And everything was alright with the world. But there was still one matter.

Loki had returned. One day, while out on a walk, Thor and Wanda vision witnessed a portal or gateway open, spitting Loki out at their feet. Wearing a black suite and his hair still the same. They had him handcuffed and brought in. And he had been in that chamber for a few weeks. Telling Thor what he had done. But it was not much. He couldn't remember everything. Wanda didn't believe him but she couldn't make him talk.

Today as the team readied themselves for the new recruit, The new Captain America, Falcon, was making plans for the team. Treating the new recruit with respect was dire. She could manipulate their minds. And he didn't want that. Bucky Barnes, yes, Steve's friend, worked with the Avengers, and he would be the one to meet with her. He said maybe she wouldn't be to intimidated by him, if he charmed her. Falcon laughed at that because she seemed tough, and ruthless. Not one to be swooned over easy.

"Don't worry boss, I've got this," Bucky said, Falcon rolls his eyes and looks at Wanda.

"This should be good," he says. Wanda chuckles lightly. Bucky holds his arms out as if you ask why he didn't have faith in him.

"Go on, turn that Bucky charm on," Falcon laughed. Bucky pointed at him.

"Just you wait Falcon, you'll see," he says, leaving the room. They met in the main room for a lot. Including new recruits.

Bucky made his way down stairs, pulling at his collar on his collared shirt. Around here unless you were at war, you wore normal clothes. And that was something Bucky was okay with. But this collar was getting itchy. He scratches his neck while walking to the front, where he seen a woman wearing a black leather suite, with a suit jacket over it. Probably trying to look professional but it was almost as if she was going to war. He chuckled to himself and opens the door to the firm.

She turns around to look at him. Not smiling. He thought that was odd. Especially for first impressions. She had shoulder length brown hair, and blue colored eyes. Almost as blue as ice. He teaches a hand to her, for her to shake it. She looks at his hands and squints her eyes for a second.

"I'm the new hire, call me Beth, Beth Thomas," she said. He jerked his hand away. She didn't shake his hand. And he found that strange.

"I'm Bucky, Barnes, is your name short for anything," he asked. She snaps at him.

"Elizabeth, but I prefer Beth," she says in a mellow hateful tone. Bucky chuckles and nods.

"Right follow me, Beth," he says her name louder than the rest. She catches on but says nothing. He leads her into the building where there were two levels and most of the stair casing made of glass.

"Now, I am obliged to tell you, you're office is up the stairs and to the left, but you will be spending time in the holding cell with our prisoner," he says. She raises her brows. She seems very, serious.

"I was briefed before I arrived, by Thor, I got it, thank you," she said in a serious tone. He did not like her already. She was sassy and he hated anyone with an attitude.

"Look, I just want to be a friend, so maybe dial it down a bit," he says. She glared at him.

"I don't have friends, I have co-workers, so stay out of my way and let me do the job I was assigned to do," she paused to look at him, "Winter soldier."

He didn't realize she knew him. She has known him before as the evil soldier of winter. Or the right name 'Winter Soldier.' And he bows his head. Remembering what he had done was always hard on him. She swallows her pride for a moment. She seems to have been snappy with him. And she acknowledged that.

"Look I'm sorry, it's just, I have a reputation to keep, being a hard ass is my thing," she said. He nods.

"Well then don't let me stop you from keeping your reputation," he said as he walked up the stairs, and she followed after him.

For a moment she felt a slight regret in her action, but in order to get in the mind of Loki Laufeyson, she needed to be herself. A hard ass. And the fact that she made that pretty clear, was enough for Bucky to stand down. And she realized in that moment he only wanted to be a friend to her. His has left him there and he was pretty different from the others. He needed someone to talk to aside from Falcon who seemed to have taken a new role as Captain America. After taking his place Bucky lost himself.

They walk into the meeting place where all of the earth avengers, including Thor and Hulk, were meeting. Bucky doesn't say a word but Falcon catches the look on his face. He smiles to himself. He knew Beth was very hard ass and difficult to get along with. But he also knew she was good at her job.

"Everyone this is our new recruit, Beth Thomas," Thor says, getting up from his seat. She waved, only for a moment. Wanda clears her throat.

"Beth, I feel inclined to warn you of our friend in the holding chamber, you're job lies solely on getting answers, and those answers, are dire, but he is a trickster.."

"No worries Mrs. Vision, I've been briefed by Thor, and I know who Loki is, god of mischief son of The Frost Giant king, taken by Odin, always up to no good, evil, I get it it," Beth said. Thor looked between Beth and Wanda as he usually done when he was uncomfortably satisfied. Wanda nods.

"Okay, and it's Wanda," Wanda says. Beth nods to her. Falcon meets her where she stands, along with Thor.

"Come on, let's Introduce you to the charge," Falcon says. Bucky doesn't say a word, he doesn't even follow. He was upset that she was so cold to him. But she seemed to be just fine with Thor and Falcon. That was not the case though. She respected them. They never tried killing innocent people. And he did.

On the way down to the holding chambers, she would take breaths, not knowing what to expect. It was a great way to calm the nerves. Meditation. She loved reading too. It was a quite space to learn and clear the mind. Something she had in common with Loki. He loved reading at one time. Her favorite book was the one with Beauty and that beast prince. As was Loki's. But she didn't know that yet.

In the cell sat a man in black. With a light green shirt under the jacket and a tie, that was undone. His hair was slick black and in order. He looked very uncomfortable. But he didn't look evil to her. Just mischievous. And she was to find out where he was and what happened. Loki looks up noticing the company.

"Brother, you've brought me a companion, I'm touched."