Moving forward

He just had to fool destiny, right?

How hard could it be?

...

The everyday life at Galar High was as normal as you'd expect. It was surprising to even imagine that, through the hallways, a fairytale-like legend traveled, across the classrooms and from people to people. But still, maybe it was the younger students who played childish games, or the teenagers who snuck in video game consoles or the seniors who dreamed about the future; but this highschool managed to look as boring like any other. Who would have thought that a lady named Destiny, put the cards on the table in that game of life? Things like soulmates, that were chosen for the people since the beginning of time, and even destiny could predict the first words they would say to each other, seemed almost fake for some people.

Raihan wanted to believe it was fake.

He really wanted to.

He tried his best to ignore every trace of Leon's closeness that increased during class. Keeping that disinterested expression was not that difficult, since he wasn't really faking it. And everyday he spent with him, he wondered how someone like Leon could be his soulmate. Those were the cards of destiny he couldn't understand but, luckily for him, it just made it easier to fool. He wasn't having a hard time keeping his distance from Leon, since he could only see him as a classmate.

Almost a month had passed since they first started classes, and Raihan was already getting used to that loneliness he felt everyday in that big classroom. But it wasn't like he was completely alone—after all, he was one of the most popular guys in school, so he was always surrounded by people, including Leon. He just wasn't able to form a deep connection to other people the same way he did with his friends in the other classroom. He didn't give Leon a chance because he knew that is what his destiny wanted—he wasn't superstitious, but he couldn't shake off the feeling that the reason he was separated from his friends, was to force him to talk to Leon and make him meet his soulmate. But Raihan wasn't going to let himself be fooled so easily. Ignoring Leon and every bit of him was easier than he thought, especially when he was reunited with his friends during the recess.

Behind the school there was a desolate area, where couples or the most rebellious students met. In front of the baseball field, there were some bleachers, in which Raihan and his friends sat to talk about themselves or about others. Or at least that's what Raihan did. Nessa didn't like to talk about other people that much, Milo was too nice for that and Piers couldn't care less about that. Raihan rolled up his sleeves as he stretched his legs across the bleachers, with his school jacket's buttons opened. Milo was wearing his uniform properly, but due to the size of his muscles, it looked like his shirt could rip open at any given second. Nessa always had that elegant look on her, with her short skirt and the cute bow tied on her chest; even her oversized hoodie looked good on her. Piers, on the other hand, had his shirt lightly untucked; even if everything was really clean, it didn't seem like he cared about his appearance.

"Hey," said Milo when he had the chance. "Are you guys free this weekend? I thought you could come to my farm to help us."

"And how come you're inviting us out of the blue?" Nessa asked, raising her eyebrow.

"I just thought we could spend some time together!" Milo explained, raising his hands to the chest, with an innocent grin on his face. "It's been awhile since we went out together, that's all."

"I'll go." Raihan answered almost immediately.

"That was fast," Piers said sarcastically, snorting. "Are you that desperate to go out?"