CHAPTER 02

CHAPTER 02 - Did You Miss Me?

Ever since her short and peculiar interaction with her nameless interest, Miyako had been in an oddly giddy mood. Nothing Takaji did would bother her and he couldn't quite point a finger at it. So despite the fact that his mind was clouded with a storm of questions for and about Miyako's complete shift in personality, he was glad she wasn't constantly cussing him out and kicking him.

They walked beside one another in the club fair despite both being in different clubs. Miyako had one hand on Takaji's bicep and the other was being used to hand out promotional fliers. "Youn't even make these things back home— Why here?" Takaji asked as he took another mochi off the skewer and ate it, which made Miyako laugh, "I told you already!!! I do, you just get home too late!"

Takaji rolled his eyes and continued taking a look around the clubs, plenty of members would come up and attempt to recruit him, he wasn't a big deal, but coaches around the academy recognized him as a dependable player, he was tall, strong, and was great at both leading and working with the team.

"Hoshizora-senpai!" A student called out and both teens turned around, "Yes?" Their answers were simultaneous and the younger girl bowed her head, "Takaji-san, Coach is looking for you." Miyako let go of her older brother and stared at the younger girl who blushed from the sudden attention, "Sorry to bother!"

"You're not bothering, there's just so much I can take being around Takkun," Miyako reassured with a sly laugh, then waved goodbye at the two teens as she turned around to continue handing out fliers and taking a look around the place. She was only alone for about five minutes until she saw a familiar face sat under a tree with her club's skewer in his mouth.

Prancing over to where he sat, Hoshizora grinned and crouched in front of him, the fliers were being held down by her knees. Either he hadn't seen her because he was asleep or he couldn't care less about who was in front of him. She stared at his calm-looking expression, his eyes were closed and his chest moved in the rhythm of his breaths. Since his arms were crossed behind his head to give him a sort of support, Hoshizora decided it'd be clever to poke at his stomach. He didn't react at the first poke, but after the fifth he grabbed her hand, yanked her close, and opened his eyes, "Can't you be any less annoying?"

Although her goal was to wake him, she was taken aback by his actions so her face was nearly beet-red, "Oh—! H- How was the skewer mochi?" She sheepishly asked and avoided his annoyed glare by staring at the skewer in his mouth, but the more he chewed on it the more it moved closer to her face, so she pulled it out of his mouth with her free hand which made him let go of her all together. She thumped back onto the grass and stared at him with an annoyed expression, "You really are super rude, It was just a question!"

Ignoring her as he stood up from the floor, he began to walk away, but she quickly grabbed her fliers and followed him, the skewer still in her hand. "Did you like it? I made them especially for you~! I just knew you'd come around to try my treats," Hoshizora enthused falsely but the taller boy shut her down immediately, "Didn't even know you existed." Laughing at his words, she caught up to him and snaked her hand around his, "So where're we headed?"

Not disgusted, but bothered by her actions, Aomine attempted to get her hand off of him, but not only was she stubborn, she had a strong hand and used it to her advantage, "Are you in a club? Or are you thinking of joining mine?" She leaned forward for him to see her face, then smiled at him, "I'll put a good word in for you, Sweetie."

Unsure of a response that wouldn't be slyly answered or taken in a suggestive manner, he just rolled his eyes and changed the subject, "You don't even know my name, stop following me around." But unknown to him, Hoshizora can make nothing into something, "But of course I do, you're my hubby! Now c'mon tell me where we're headed."