DANCING ROMANCING

SASHA'S POV:

"hey you wanna go to this disco tonight?" my sister asked we sat down for breakfast in our apartment.

"disco? not a party but a disco?" i questioned, a look of confusion coming over my face.

"yeah it's a disco revival. thought it'd be interesting and fun."

"fine, could be fun alright."

"cool, well i'm gonna look for what could be my most 70s outfit." she got up putting her bowl in the sink.

"well damn i'm gonna need to too." i finished up my cereal and then went to my closet.

"ok sash i think i got it!"

"come show, give me inspo!" i called out rummaging through my clothes.

"hey i got a spare flared jeans, maybe that can be a start for you."

"cool! bring 'em over."

she walked to my room her outfit in one hand and the jeans in the other handing them to me.

"so flares, this frilly top and platform wedges i got here too."

"cute! that somewhat screams 70s to me- aha!"

"woah there." she looked at me weirdly.

"this was what i was looking for." i grabbed out the striped halter top to go with the light wash flares she found for me. and red platform heels. "would've loved to do a glam 70s look but a last minute casual one would have to do huh?"

"yeah pretty much lol."

"ew not you saying lol." im judging, judging hard and she just shrugged it off.

"whatever you old fart, i'll talk in slang and text if i want to."

"yeah yeah, when are you gonna get ready?"

"probs like one-ish."

"ok i'll go after you then, gonna watch something until then." she went off to her room doing whatever whilst i set up my laptop on my bed to watching something.

i was in a bit of a binge watch when my sister true to her word started getting ready.

hour later she came out of the bathroom all fresh and dry heading to her room to change into her outfit, do her hair, makeup and accessorise.

i closed and put my laptop away hopping up grabbing my towel my outfit already laid out. i showered, dried off and dried hair, freshening up my face and such then went to change into my clothes. i put my hair up in a half updo making some lose curls as i did so too. i did a cute, fun face of makeup light blue eyeshadow was signature for me tonight for this disco and i finished up with a sprits of perfume before we headed out to grab a bite before getting to the disco.

my sister and i had eaten our subway and went to for a walkabout before hitting up the disco. there was a lolly shop we were about to walk past before halting making my sister walk a bit more to then stop in confusion. i watched giggling to myself, she turned to me. i pointed with my head at the lolly shop and we walked in.

we then were off to the disco.

it was at a nightclub all made up to be like a disco with a mirror ball.

a lot of 70s music and alcohol later my sister and i were having so much fun. i went to the bar for another drink and just about fell to the side into this lanky guy with soft hair in corduroy.

"sorry..."

"no worries." he replied.

"hey are you alright? i asked him?"

"yeah i'm fine but if i'm being honest i don't think the 70s are my scene. i was dragged here though."

"by who?" weird of me to ask but he was cute.

"my mate, he and i and four others are here after having finished up our show tonight."

"what show? you do look kinda familiar."

"hypothetical, josh and the others are getting there groove on."

"oh shit you're james acaster! man fitting you wear corduroy on the show eh?"

"yep that's me."

"no way i'm here at a disco talking to basically a celebrity."

"ha!"

"hold on i think i might have a seat with you too, i'm sasha!" i called out. "i'm a bit off it but hey while we're young aye?"

"yeah you look to be having fun alright..." james started squinting at me, "is that a lolly necklace?"

"yep, embracing the 70s." i grinned. i took it off and started sharing it with him. "hey you should know this really isn't my element as well but i probably would've been a sleep by now so i'm glad i came out."

"cool." james seemed a bit disinterested as he continued to chew on the lollies.

"hey come on let's groove tonight?" i hopped up dragging him by the hand, he was reluctant but soon gave up.

night went on and james, my sister and i were dancing and drinking a bit more, josh had gone home to his family and as for the rest they were scattered around the dance floor, this felt like what a disco would've been like to me. it was truly fun.

seemingly it was as if the three of us were just sticking with each other now as we left the club going for food to sober up. my sister not as out of it helped us a lot tonight with food and getting an uber.

we then got home safely and the uber was on way to take james to his place. my sister and i crashed in my bed after cleaning ourselves up best of our abilities.

NEXT DAY

my sister and i had a good sleep in i must say, we got up she showered as i put chicken strips and chips in the oven to eat seeing it was basically the afternoon.

she came out and i went myself to shower all she had to do was turn the food a bit more and it'd be ready for when i got out.

we sat and ate while the tv played on in the background. man we're we out of it still as it seemed.

next thing i knew my phone dinged.

i opened and it came from instagram, i saw that i had many likes on a post i don't remember posting amongst all the stories i did last night, i then also saw james acaster followed me since i had tagged him but the kicker was that he just dmed me!!

james: hey, recovering well?

...

AHHHHHHHH

ok so in fic james has got an ig 🤩

but there we go chap one!!!!