Chapter 39 : Accident

San's POV

My shoot was over and now I was in my waiting room, getting ready to leave. I was going through some random posts on twitter when I got a text from Nari.

Let's have a talk. I've
something to tell you

But I don't want
to hear it

It's about Kang Mirae

I sighed and got up from my seat. I was about to walk out of the room when Mirae stopped me.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"Ah...Restroom."

"Come back quick."

I nodded and went to the place where Nari called me to meet. When I reached there, I saw her standing near the large glass panels.

She turned to face me when she saw me coming. "You're here?" she said, smiling.

"I don't have much time so make it quick."

"...Sannie, do you remember when we used to meet like this between our schedules? It felt so exciting to meet you in secret."

"If you're gonna talk about those stuffs then I'll get going."

I was about to walk away when she grabbed my wrist and stopped me. "Wait!...Just ten minutes! Stay here with me for ten minutes."

I sighed and removed my hand from her grip. "Five minutes."

"Araseo..." She sighed before continuing. "I understand that you pitied me back then but I sincerely started to have feelings for you. I love you so much that I hate to see you with someone new..."

I sighed. "San-ah, can you not give me another chance? I just wanna be the one you love. I can't live without you." She was about to kiss me on the lips but I pushed her away.

"You should stop!...You'll only hurt yourself if you keep that up." I glared at her before walking away from there.

***

Jaehyun's POV

"What do I do?..." I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed for the nth time. "Why did I even make a deal with that jerk?!"

I was now at the shooting location of San and came out of the building to get some fresh air.

"What are you doing here?"

I heard a familiar voice and turned back to see Mirae standing there. She gave me a smile and stood beside me.

"I just wanted some fresh air."

"I see...Ah, I forgot to return this." She handed me a bag in which my sweatpants were. "Thanks for helping me that day."

"Ah, don't mention it..." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"How are your parents doing?"

"They're doing well."

"That's good. I was thinking of giving them a visit."

"Yeah, sure. You can come over anytime." She nodded.

I looked back to the front and sighed again. I just had a lot to think about.

"Jaehyun-ah, is something wrong?"

"Huh?...It's nothing."

"Something seems off..."

"It's really nothing."

"...Give me your hand."

"My hand?"

"Hm."

I hesitantly showed my hand. She took something out something from her pocket and kept it on my hand. When she removed her hand, I realized that they were candies.

"Have some. You'll feel better," she said, smiling.

"Khumawo..." I looked down at the candies and frowned.

Why does it have to be you, Kang Mirae? Why do I have to betray you when you're this nice to me?

"And sorry."

She looked at me in confusion. "For what?"

"Just because..."

Just then she got a call. "Just a moment..." She picked up the call. "Nae, Jihoon-ssi...I'll be there. Nae."

I sighed, not able to tell her the truth. I wished I could just stop everything.

"Jaehyun-ah, let's go. We're ready to leave."

"Yeah, let's go."

***

Mirae's POV

It was already 8 pm now as San had two more schedules today. But something seemed off with Jaehyun. He left earlier than us saying that something came up. I wondered if everything was okay with him.

"I'll send tomorrow's schedule later," Jihoon-ssi said. "You can go home and rest for now."

"Okay," San said.

"Oh my!..." Jihoon-ssi gasped, looking at his phone.

"What's the matter?..." I quickly asked.

"I just heard from manager Jeong that Kim Dayoung-ssi got into an accident."

"What? Accident?" I wasn't able to believe my ears.

Eomma...

"Yes. She's been taken to Saebom hospital–"

Without wasting any more time, I quickly ran away from there.

"Mirae! Kang Mirae!"

I heard San say but I ignored it as the first priority for me, now, was to see if mom was okay or not. I quickly got into the car and drove to the hospital.

I just hope she's okay...

To be continued...