Chapter 50 : Gunshot

Mirae's POV

"RUN AWAY!" Jaehyun said. "HURRY UP!"

He was still struggling to fight the man who was grabbing his neck. I hesitated a little at first but agreed and ran away from there.

Mianhae Jaehyun-ah...

I kept running while looking around but San was nowhere to be found. I stopped to catch up my breath, resting my palms on my knees.

"San, where are you?...Where you at?"

***

Hyunwoo's POV

"You won't gain anything by killing me," I said.

"I'm not here to kill you," San said. "I'm here to make you regret the things you've done to the innocent people."

"Regret?" I scoffed. "I don't regret anything. I did what I wanted to."

"But you couldn't do what you needed to."

"It's all because of you. It's your fault that innocent people are getting hurt." He didn't say anything so I continued.

"You were the one stole everything from me so now I'll steal every precious thing of yours."

"What do you mean?"

"Kim Nari...I was very mad when you just asked her out that day. And the thing which hurt me the most was that you already knew about me liking her. Do you know how it feels when your best friend steals something precious from you?"

"I just did that out of pity-"

"Pity? You seriously!..." I huffed, looking away. "You could have just ended it that day itself but instead of doing that, you dragged it for one whole year and made Nari fall for you."

"I didn't make her fall for me."

"If you had ended it that day, then all this wouldn't have happened. We two wouldn't have been standing here, glaring at each other."

"...I bet you're thinking you destroyed me by doing this. But you just destroyed yourself."

I clenched my fist. "I just wanted you to know how it feels when you lose something really precious to you... Kang Mirae is that precious thing, isn't it?"

He suddenly grabbed my collar. "Don't call her name from your dirty mouth, you jerk!"

I smirked. "I think now you'll get to understand."

"If you do anything to her then you're dead." He pushed me back.

I weakly laughed. "My men must have caught her till now. And I'll make sure that you witness her being killed."

***

San's POV

"YAH, LEE HYUNWOO!"

I gave him a tight punch on his face, making him fall on the ground. He wiped the blood from the corner of the mouth before standing up.

"I'LL KILL YOU ALL!" he said.

And soon we got into a fist fight. He punched me, making me stumble a little but I was able to punch him back.

I was really mad then. I lost my mom and Mirae her dad because of his wrong doings. I won't let him harm anyone else.

I kept punching him in the stomach. "This is for the people that you've hurt." I punched him for the last time before he was knocked down.

I was breathing heavily as I wiped the blood from the corner of my mouth.

Lee Hyunwoo, you deserved it...

***

Mirae's POV

I was still searching for San when I heard some conversations from some distance away.

It would be Hyunwoo's men...

I looked around to find a place to hide. I quickly went and hid behind some wooden boxes which were at a corner of the wall.

"I saw her come to this way." I heard someone say. "She must be somewhere here. Look around!"

I tried to hide myself as much as possible and covered my mouth so that I don't make any noise.

I was still hiding there when I sensed someone coming toward me. I closed my eyes and prayed that he doesn't find me out. I almost stopped breathing at that time.

Jebal...

"No one's here," someone said. "Let's search around some other place."

I sensed the person retreat when he heard that. I peeped from there to confirm it and let out a deep sigh when I realized that they really went away. I stayed there for some more time before going out in search of San.

When I reached there, I saw San having a fight with Hyunwoo. And as soon as I saw San knocking him down, I ran to him.

"San-ah!" I hugged him tightly.

He pulled back and cupped my cheeks. "Mirae, are you okay?" I just nodded, tears rolling down my cheeks. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"I'm okay. But you..." He had some bruises on his cheeks and head.

"I'm okay." He pulled me into his arms, caressing my head. "Don't worry. It's going to be okay." I hugged him back as more tears started rolling down my cheeks.

It's a relief that everything is going to be okay soon...

I was still hugging him when he suddenly pushed me away, making me fall on the ground. I quickly turned back to look at San for doing that.

Just then I heard the sound of a gunshot. My eyes widened when I saw the red liquid flowing out from his stomach. My heart dropped on seeing him like that.

"SAN-AH!" I gasped.

I glanced to my left and saw Hyunwoo holding the gun.

"San-ah!..." I went to him and held him as he was stumbling to stand.

"San-ah!...San-ah!..." He was slowly losing his consciousness. "Come back to your senses! San-ah, come back to your senses!...Jebal!"

I was panicking at that time. I covered his wound to stop the flow of blood but it was of no use. I held him to my chest and cried hard.

"ANDWAE!..."

To be continued...

***

Author's Note :
It was a difficult chapter to write. But I hope you could feel it.

 But I hope you could feel it