Protector - Xiao Part 2 🌸

"Gah!"

You suddenly bursted from your sleep, it took you a while to be familiar with your surroundings. You were in a bed, next to it is a chair facing towards you. Holding your head because of a headache, you began to remember the things that happened before. You and Paimon went to Xiao and tried to confront him, but it ended up you being unconscious for your lack of sleep.

"Glad your awake," a sudden voice emerged from the dark, revealing golden eyes staring back at you. It was nighttime, evident by the moonlight that shone through the nearby window.

"Ahh!" You weren't expecting Xiao to be appearing randomly while you were trying to relax, your heart began to beat faster. Clenching your chest, you breathed faster and harder, making the male worried.

"Y/N! Please calm down! Slow breaths..."

Following his instructions made you a bit better, it took you a while to be at ease again. Although, everything that's happening seem to be unreal.
Xiao's body began to relax as he saw your state, he went to a cabinet behind him and brought up a tray to you.

"Here, your friend told me you didn't sleep because of me. I thought this would make it up for my... mistakes."

He handed you a tray with Almond Tofu on top, although it looked unique, it has beads around one part of the plate, with the color of white, green and pink. He handed you the spoon since you were hesitant to do so. Seeing you so vulnerable made him disappointed, never were you the one whom he thought as week. As a matter of fact, he looks up to you.

"Thank you."

It was all but piercing silence around you two, aside from the sound of utensils and chewing. Every time you look at Xiao, it always ends up looking back at his gaze. Either he's just waiting for you to finish or his observing your state. You couldn't think of anything to talk about, until one thought made you almost choke.

"W-wait! W-were's Paimon?" Xiao's expression turned to a concerned look into a warm smile. It was the most miraculous thing to ever witness from the Adepti. You've heard stories from Cloud Retainer how he stopped smiling since the incident, never in a million years would you be the first one to witness it again.

"Hmm, Paimon's outside at the balcony."

Outside of the balcony, shouldn't be Xiao watching beyond the Marsh or something?

"What is she doing there?"

"None of your business," he replied calmly.

Xiao took a deep breath before beginning to say something.

"I've heard about Mo- Mr. Zhongli. So, is it true that my contract is fulfilled?"

Your eyes widened at his statement, it was you who was supposed to tell him that but maybe he to knew it through Paimon. You finished eating the meal he prepared, he saw your signal and he volunteered to put it away.

"Y-yes Xiao, he wants you to stop."

Xiao only managed to place the tray back at the drawer and just stood there. While looking away from you he crossed his arms.

"So, it is you that I shall protect now, is it?"

You felt a bit flustered but you kept your composure. There were times you wished for Xiao to be happy, even if it means being with him. Although the current status of you both are bound by contract, it sure did made you feel happy.

"Yes, you're right."

Xiao sighed. He didn't say a word after and just returned to the seat next to you. Unexpectedly, he reached out for your hand and squeezed it. His face looked happy, could almost be in the verge of tears. It didn't took long for you to embrace him, his sudden whimper and sobbing at your back caught you of guard. You rubbed circles around his back and it only made him embrace you tighter, almost clinging for dear life.

That was the moment you knew. Xiao was finally free, he could be what he wanted to be. No more days of hunting for demons, protecting Liyue. It might sound selfish but even the Liyue Qixing herself awknowledges his contributions and wishes for him to rest.

You gave Xiao some time to collect himself, and eagerly waiting for the new Xiao to emerge.

"I never thought that I could get to see the day. All of the centuries I've lived were just filled with demon blood, karmic bonds, and pure agony. Ever since you came around, I felt like it was all changing. I'm glad it did."

Xiao's expression were so genuine. The sight of him being happy made your heart flutter. Looking back at your hands, he's still holding it tightly.

"Y/N, from now on, I will protect you. No more will you get hurt with my presence. I pledge my life to you, for Rex Lapis," he said as he kissed your hand.

Turning a dark shade of red, your face showed it all. It only made Xiao smile and a bit sly too.

"Xiao, I-I don't think that was n-necessary," you said while taking your hands away from his grasp.

"You humans sure become weak from affections," he replied smugly.

Is this the new Xiao? He's so confident and sly.

"Y-you can't say that! I... uh... feel hurt! Oww~" you dramatically groaned, earning a laugh from him. You didn't wish to worsen it but you just did. Your feelings for him grew and grew. Xiao rummaged through his clothes and brought back sometime peculiar.

"Here, have this."

Xiao gave you a butterfly made out of leaves, it made you feel in awe for his care. You absolutely adored butterflies and this just made you feel euphoric.

"I heard you like butterflies, so I made one out of leaves. Although it is a coincidence you like those creatures..." Xiao thought to himself.

"How come?"

"Butterflies are a symbol of love. If you give one to someone else, you're-" he suddenly stopped. He might have realized the things he was about to say. But the few words he already said made you realize what his intentions were. Your face began to blush.

"X-xiao... You mean-"

"Yes! I-I do..."

"I love you."

That was it. One confirmation from him made it all shatter. You've always doubted if he ever felt the same way, but he really does. You hugged him happily while beginning to cry. It was like earlier but now, Xiao has got your back.

"Xiao! There's monsters nearby the inn!" Paimon suddenly bursted inside the room, shocking you both.

"Hmph."

"Ahh, sorry Xiao- Oh Y/N! You're okay!" The pixie flew towards you and hugged you, making you laugh at her cuteness. Xiao observed you too and was happy that someone else was taking care of you, while he wasn't sure about his feelings towards you.

"Thank you for watching for me, Paimon. Please, take good care of them." Xiao thanked Paimon for watching over the inn for a while. He suddenly planted a kiss on your forehead, making your face turn red, visible to the moonlight. The yaksha chuckled at your state. Before he went out of the room, he took a glance at you, in which you noticed.

"Love you Y/N," he said before finally closing the door behind him.

"Oohh~ Seems like you guys were busy since I was gone!" Paimon teased.

"Maybe, maybe not. It makes me so happy thinking that Xiao finally overcomed himself."

"It's because of you! Paimon thinks that you were the only one to get through him, I hope he can take care of you, but don't let him replace me okay!?"

You laughed because of Paimon's growing jealousy. If you were to choose a guide, and adeptus which was once a yaksha, and a floating emergency food, of course you would chose the first one. But if it wasn't for Paimon's help, you wouldn't get the adeptus in the first place.

"I won't replace you, Paimon. You both mean a lot to me too."

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you guys for reading my content❤️ Don't forget to vote and comment your opinions, that way, I could know if you guys love it.❤️ Have a good day❤️

There could be times that I would take a bit long to upload stories, hehe quite busy at school. Nevertheless, if you guys want to request a scenario feel free to comment ❤️