Chapter 24 - Deduction- Seduction?

"So? Come on, Horns, use that brains over brawn,"

"What else is there to say?" Loki kneels down and let's his hand feel the energy.

"Ah, ah! No cheating, pretend you don't have magic," you lean on his shoulder as his eyes darted around the scene. "The others only focused on the body, but you can tell a lot more from the bigger picture," you mumble in his ear.

The soft coo, an almost mocking encouragement, made him shiver. Determination struck as he looked around.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't get anything-"

"There was a struggle but the victim took the herb willingly, she was pushed against the wall which is why the grime rubbed off on her coat and blue fabric is stuck between the brick," he points to the spot which you first noticed. "Obviously whoever administered or targeted her had leverage, which is why she stopped fighting back. The leverage was acknowledged after she scratched them across the face which is why there's a build up of dead skin and a little blood under her nails, face being a likely spot of impact,"

"And what was the leverage?" You crouch beside him and hand over your phone.

"Her cats," he pushed away the phone, not needing a look. "Cat hair on her shoes and on her blouse, no children or spouse considering the empty wallet and lack of ring or given jewellery,"

His eyes met yours. The pupils of your eyes were blown wide, dilated beyond comprehension and his just the same, waiting approval.

"Good job," you mutter out, voice slightly hoarse and filled with an almost aching lust.

"Thank you," his smile made your heart melt.

"Stop eye fucking each other," Anna coughs before taking the bag of evidence and walking away.

"I wasn't- I- Anna!" You snarl and storm after her leaving the group a snickering mess and Loki a blushing one.

~~~

"Is she asleep or dead?" Tony pokes Anna who looked to you resting in the middle of the lounge.

"Who knows? Sometimes I hope it's dead but then she just wakes up and I go 'aw man'," Anna snickers, your finger raising to flip her off. "Aw man,"

"Everyone shut up," you mumble.

"Go to your room,"

"Too noisy,"

"The library?"

"Too distracting,"

"What are you even doing??"

"Thinking, so shut up," you lay back into the faux fur carpet and take a deep breath.

Not a voice stirred but you fidgeted under Pietro's gaze.

"Pietro! Shut the fuck up!"

The speedster jumps and drops his popsicle. "I didn't do anything!"

"You were looking at me! Stop it,"

"Alright, Jesus," he zooms off to his room letting you think, zooming around in thoughts, deep in your mind.

"Got it!" Your figure rolled across the floor before jumping up.

~~~

You moved closer and closer to the object of target, a tablet located in the satchel of the first lead. The Avengers were situated around the gallery, eyeing the target as you finally bumped into him.

"Oh! I'm so sorry," you chuckle and adjust your fake round glasses.

"It's no problem," he assures. "Is that Mark Twain?"

"Yes, I'm just a bit of a book nerd, my friend kinda dragged me here," combing back the wig you wore he smiles softly before handing you a glass of champagne. "Thanks," you sip awkwardly at the drink in sync with the character.

He started to ask questions which you ramble on about, handing the glass over to a waiter, tapping against your phone behind the book.

God he was boring... a little while longer. The pulses from the phone meant each 5% of data was copied. It was slow, too slow... just a little bit-

"Sir, we need the tablet back to HQ," a young man mumbles. He was soon dismissed making you internally groan when the connection disconnected.

"Oh, sorry, it's my friend, thank you so much for the drink though!" You quickly walk away without another word.

"What do we do?" Bruce calls into the com.

"Leave it to me, Jolly rancher," you moved through the crowd and out the door, following the man through the packed streets.

Lights from stalls flashed, cheap clothes  and costumes hung about and unattended.

"Costume change," you smirk and run through the stalls, subtly taking a plaid skirt and cardigan. Flipping it over your long skirt, you let it slip off as you glide between an alley. Tossing the glasses away and unbuttoning your blouse, tightening the cardigan over, you let the wig get tossed away.

Snatching some bubblegum gloss you apply it generously as well as tying your hair into two pigtails, the new target passed a few costume goers. (Ignore pigtails if you have short hair)

"Guys, look at him! He's dressed as Indiana Jones!" You gasp to a few who squeal and run over once you attached a fake whip to his satchel.

Starting up the process again soon it hit complete making you smile. Posing for a few pictures and flirting with the man it was soon complete.

"Got it!~" you call into the com. "Meet me on Gerald's street,"

~~~

That scene is pretty much like the scene from TMNT

Mainly because I was listening to Blown by DNCE and remembered the scene

- Anna ❤️