Chapter 26 - Adreneline

"Y/n L/n,"

"Leonardo Ashford, but please, call me Leo,"

"Then Y/n to you it is," you hum, watching his lips wrap around the sugar rimmed glass of his drink. "Network?"

"Russian, mainly, originally American but... it seems that now I know your name, your familiarity is explained,"

"Rivals, I'm aware, though I hope it's no hard feelings?" you hold out your hand which he takes.

"Depends how this night ends, love," Leo smirks. Loki audibly grit his teeth under his breath, noise blocked from the music playing. His fists clenched with a green glow forming under is curled finger tips.

"I'm sure it will end quite wonderfully," you eye Mark to open a private booth which Leo leads to you after spotting the waiter opening the curtains.

~~~

"Then it blew up in his face!" You laugh loudly, others not bothering to disturb you two.

"You are quite charming, sweetling," Leo sighs out.

"And finally someone speaks my language!" the mission flowed in and out your ear with each gaze Tony gave you. Overwhelmed from a dark gaze on the two of you, from time to time you saw Loki trying to ease his flared nostrils.

"You know the dullness of this planet without proper rulers," Leo took your hand in his kissing it softly, lust lingering along your skin transferred from him and yours staying on his lips. "I've ruled this mostly boring land... but you interest me and-"

"I don't want to work for you, Leo," you laugh out lightly, leaning on your palm, nails scratching your cheek lightly.

"Not for me... with me... resolve this rivalry that wasn't exactly a bother before... be my queen," the dilation of your eyes blew away the e/c. "Let's rule this place like it should be ruled,"

Without a second thought you press your lips onto his, the warmth of his touch moving along yours. What had gotten into you?? Had you fallen so easily? Hell no, you were on a mission, feelings would not get in the way, not now, not ever.

"Come with me, let me make you feel like a king," you whisper in his ear.

"Not without some real fun before, get us both ready, adrenaline is key," Never has anyone realized the importance of adrenaline in intimacy. He did. Why him??

"But we use my car,"

"If I drive," he eyes you challengingly until you lift your keys to his hand.

~~~

"Where are you going?" Thor grabbed your hand.

"I'll get him back, don't worry," you move away and toss your jacket into the backseat as Leo roars the engine to life.

"I'll have the car feed on," the team clambers into the van and drives back to the base as Anna set everything up.

~~~

Leo let his hands run over the leather before speeding down the road, all the lights turning green under his command.

"Simple favour," he explains as your eyes glossed in awe. "When we rule, we won't need permission," his hand slides to yours, clutching it tight making you turn to him with a low sigh.

"I hope this isn't the base of your high,"

"Of course not," he dug into his suit pocket and took out a mask.

"Lion skull... of course!" You admire the mask before reaching and grabbing your own.

"The Queen of hearts... you continue to impress me," his lips move to yours, eyes not bothering with the empty road.

"MoMA? Let me guess, Starry night?" your voice couldn't hide the excitement once you saw the building.

"Did you want to try for more?"

"That would take too long and Van Gough gives me enough adrenaline," you pull your mask on as he does too. You watch his fingers tap along his watch and phone, pulling up information. "Prepared?"

"Date night plans for the special ones," he walks out as you open the weapon collection.

"A date? I'm honored," you take out some daggers and a gun as he chooses his weapon.

"Let's get this started,"

~~~

The group waited patiently for Anna to start up the feed again once the car was unlocked. A few kept eyes on Loki, the god now slumped down with a fire burning in his eyes, behind the flames, a shattering heart. It had been two hours when-

"Here we go," Anna lets the feed pop up to show you and Leo getting into the car, a little flustered and out of breath, clothes ruffled up leaving no need for doubt.

"That was a better idea, my king," you stretch your limbs as he did up his shirt buttons, the painting in the backseat.

"They should up their security if we could go 5 rounds, my queen," he smirks, pulling you to kiss him again.

"And maybe invest in new cameras considering you shot them all," you mumble before stabbing him in the neck with a tranquilizer filled ring. "Fuck, it was five rounds because you don't last," you breath in and out before taking the painting and placing it on the steps of the museum, letting the alarms sound. He was tossed in the backseat as you drove off.

"How was he?" you scream bloody murder, nearly crashing off the bridge when Anna's face pops up on the car screen.

"WHAT THE HELL?! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN LISTENING FOR??"

"Long enough," she smirks, revealing the rest of the group.

"Not a fucking word," you growl at their smug gazes. "I'll be back in... 5 minutes," you mumble and lean back against the seat, your eyes gazing at Leo.

"Pet names and 5, apparently quick, rounds only in the first night... in love?" Sam inquires with a smirk.

"Fuck no, I don't fall in love," you try and shut down the call only for it to refuse your commands. "Anna, I swear to god,"

"Swear all you want, we are now 2 hours behind schedule and Fury is pissed... Maria is amused though," Nat informs.

"Oh, I'm so glad," you press on the gas and fix your smudged lipstick, pulling right into Shield's ground based HQ.

~~~

:D

- Anna ❤️