Chapter 16- He's free

It's now a few months later. Quite a big time skip right? Osamu wondered why Atsumu's name wasn't called right before his since he still thought they had the same last name. Things that kept happening that involved Atsumu, just kept on confusing him and making him wonder about things over and over again. Even his parents couldn't really explain anything to him. They wouldn't even tell him what was happening......They haven't told them that they disowned Atsumu and kicked him out of the mansion. Because Osamu doesn't know the most important part of what was happening that could explain all his questions and wonders, he couldn't understand what was happening. All he knew was that Atsumu and his parents were hiding something from him. Osamu felt a little betrayed when his parents told him that Atsumu moved out. But, now he's not so sure if that was true. One thing he knew was, Atsumu was smiling more and he looked like his life was more full of fun than before. It was something that also made Osamu feel hurt. He felt hurt because Atsumu seemed happier after he 'left' them. It was like his 'family' couldn't bring any 'happiness' to him. It was like he didn't mean anything to him at all. But that wasn't true......well at some point it was. You can't expect Atsumu to not feel mad right?

Present time*

Right now in the present time, the volleyball inter-high is currently happening. Inarizaki had beat many teams including Karasuno, where Atsumu quickly became friends with a short, first year named 'Hinata Shoyo' and the boy's teammates as well. Atsumu's brightness that he showed after getting over the neglecting past that he lived. Apparently, the information of him changing his last name to 'Terushima' hasn't been fully updated yet. Yes, his name in his passport and important things were quickly updated after he made the choice, but everything else, it hasn't been fully updated. One way he knew was because the Karasuno members researched him and found 'Miya Atsumu' and not 'Terushima Atsumu'. Atsumu wasn't mad or anything though. He just let them call him that. Well, they called him his first name because he has a twin. They don't know about his fake twin 'Terushima Yuji'. He just said he had a twin that looks similar to him. It was to continue the lie of fake twins. Either way it would be hard to tell, they did look similar to each other and now his last name is 'Terushima'.(Also in this story, instead of Johzenji high playing against Karasuno first before they lost, it's Inarizaki who played against them first).

It's now after after volleyball practice at Inarizaki high. Osamu wanted to maybe make his relationship with Atsumu and little stronger and ask him what's wrong so after everyone changed, Osmau walked up to Atsumu.

"Tsumu!" said Osamu.

Atsumu turned around and saw Osamu then he smiled.

"Ah, hello Miya-kun. What do you need?" asked Atsumu.

"Tsumu why so formal? And 'Miya-kun'? Tsumu we have the same last name! We're from the same family! What's wrong with you?!" asked Osamu.

"Why do you care Miya-kun? And I think you made a mistake(I'm not a Miya)." said Atsumu.

"What do you mean by I made a mistake? Tsumu of course I would care for you. You my brother! Siblings care for each other! Especially twins! Twins are always the closest and they care for each other. They share things and stick with each other! I said this before last year." said Osamu.

"Then I'll ask you this again. Does that mean you were never my twin brother Miya-kun?" asked Atsumu.

"W-what do you mean by that? Anyways are you free?" asked Osamu.

"Atsu let's go!" said Kita.

"Actually I'm not. I'm going somewhere with Kita bye Miya-kun." replied Atsumu walking towards Kita.

Time skip*

Atsumu and Kita were now in their casual clothes, sitting in a seat in the front looking at a volleyball net in front of them. Are you wondering why are they at a volleyball game right now? Well, it's because Terushima's team, Johzeji high was having an inter-high volleyball game with another team right now(Let's call the other team Geiji high)

On the court, they saw the two teams come out from the doors. Terushima quickly started to warm up excited to play again Geiji high. After all, Atsumu and Kita was there to watch him. Just before the game officially started, Sakusa arrivd and walked up to Atsumu and Kita.

"Has the game started yet? Did I miss anything? Terushima would probably be upset if I did." said Sakusa.

"Relax Sakusa, the match hasn't started yet, it's about to start." replied Kita.

"I see. So I'm not so late am I?" said Sakusa.

"Not at all Omi. You're just on time." said Atsumu.

Sakusa sat on the right side of Atsumu while Kita was on the left. The whistle blew and the match officially started. Geiji high started off with the ball. The server from Geiji high served the ball over the net and Tsuchiyu Arata, the libero of Johzenji high was able to receive it up in the air.

"I got it!" said Futamata setting the ball for Terushima.

Atsumu's eyes trailed Terushima's movements. The way Terushima's eyes followed the ball with a spark in his eye. The way he jumped high like nothing was weighing him down. Not like anything would weigh down the energetic boy anyways. Terushima was completely free from anything. His spike landed on the floor of Geiji high's side which shocked the players of Geiji high. While everyone was cheering, Atsumu was thinking of something else. 'He's free, completely free. The whole Johzenji high's team is free. They play and have fun. They don't care about what others think. Teru jumped like there was nothing weighing him down, nothing chaining him on the ground. He's completely free. Johzenji high is full of freedom. And one day......I hope to have that kind of freedom too'  thought Atsumu a soft smile appearing on his face.

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter!

!DISCLAIMER: Haikyu!! does not belong to me!