●Chapter 28●

Snarling, Kris raised an eyebrow at me with utter displeasure. Her beautiful features were pinched and she seemed ready to throttle me.

Paris and Kris decided that I should meet them at Kris's place since Paris was living with her till her stay in America. It was mostly a unanimous decision, apart from a few arguments which were mostly from my side. 

Kris stood beside me, making me seem like a goblin in front of a barbie. She was wearing a black tank top tucked inside the denim hot pants that were ripped at the hem paired with white converse. Her fiery red hair was tied up in a high ponytail while her face was adorned with a dark red lipstick, mascara and a slight click of blush.

"I hope you remember that we are going to a concert," Kris grumbled with a scowl marring her features.

I pursed my lips in annoyance and glanced at her through the dressing mirror. "Thanks, captain obvious."

"No, don't thank me because you're not even remotely close to looking like you're attending a concert. The way you're dressed up, it's more like you're attending a funeral." She sighed in agitation. 

I pouted with a small frown and glanced at myself in the mirror again. "I take offense to that plus… I tried my best," I muttered. I was clad in a worn-out plain, grey t-shirt and simple black pants. "Okay, maybe I… didn't."

"You look so out of it. Are you okay? Like you totally seem so uninterested right now. C'mon, cheer up, you old lady." 

'I am uninterested because I seriously don't want to go.' There were a lot of thoughts swirling through my mind. It was two weeks ago I had asked Kris about Jenna in hopes of finding something just to crash them. That one thought was enough to clog my mind to the point where I just wanted to either paint or sleep it off. 

"Kris is right, lol," Paris said while chewing a gum and leaning against the bedroom door. I turned my head to look at her who was sporting a sexy look as well.

She was donned in a full-sleeved, olive green crop top and black high waist leather skirt along with black ankle-length boots. Her make-up was dark and her short hair that reached just above her shoulders was left open. Kris and Paris both looked ready to rock the concert whereas, I admittedly looked like an old granny.

"Lemme check-up ya wardrobe, girl, lol," she said, stalking towards Kris's closet and rummaging through her clothes.

"Imma gonna help you too," Kris said in a sing-song voice. I rolled my eyes and dragged my feet towards her bed and slumped on it.

"Well, good luck to you, guys. Some peaceful rest for me then." I felt like I was speaking to myself because they didn't even pay any heed to my words. 

Their heads were literally stuck inside the closet while tossing some clothes over their shoulders every now and then. I was getting so annoyed at them because half the time, they landed directly on my head.

After about 15 minutes of wreaking havoc inside the room, they practically forced me to wear whatever was tossed my way. Episodes of my purposely complaining and whining later, I finally obliged to wear their decent choice of clothing.

Quickly changing into them in the bathroom, I exited it. I approached my friends with an ungraceful twirl. I was now wearing a white body-fitting crop top that reached just above my navel underneath a light blue pinafore held up by thin straps, a few inches above my knees. Kris tied up my hair in a messy high bun, leaving a few tendrils to frame my face.

"Let's just go now. It's already 7.30," I grunted, glancing at the clock on the wall.

Kris just chuckled and winked at me while Paris, well she popped her gum in agreement.