Chapter One: Words Don't Come Easily To Me

-Lee's P.O.V-

I let out a defeated sigh, pushing my glasses further up my nose. The alarm clock on my desk ticked quietly away, the hands indicating the time as ten to two in the morning. The morning of Valentine's Day.

My bear jaws stretched in a huge yawn as I looked back at the same blank sheet of paper that had sat before me since eight-thirty in the evening the previous day. Exactly five hours and twenty minutes had been wasted as I tried to puzzle out what to write. But words don't come easily to me. I could very well have spent the next day there and come up with nothing.

My bleary eyes strayed across to my laptop, on the desk beside my blank paper. I had resorted to looking up WikiHows, fan fictions and even watching some YouTube clips to try and find inspiration. Yet nothing came to mind.

In case anyone is confused, I was trying to write a love letter. I wanted to ask Amy Leigh to the Saturday night 'Romeo and Juliet' dance at our school. I would have been better off preparing it to give to her on Friday, but I knew someone who could give it to her on Saturday instead. Her cousin, Jason Stars, happened to be my one true friend at school.

Jason was, admittedly, slightly odd. He had a blue spacesuit with an orange glass helmet that he never took off. He would wear it in school, out school, on holiday and in gym class - wherever he was or whatever he was doing, the suit and helmet would not come off. He also had a huge obsession with space and astrophysics, so that might help explain why.

Sighing in defeat, I shut down my laptop, put away my pen and grabbed my phone from my bed. I'd have much rather used my own words, but I was too tired to think straight now. I would just text Jason and get him to ask her to the dance for me.

To ASTROBOY: Can you do me a favour?

I grinned at my nickname for Jason: 'Astro Boy'. I'd gotten it from a show we watched when we were younger. I knew he'd still be awake - he would always look at the stars and draw out the constellations he could see on a Friday night. Sure enough, my phone beeped moments later as a reply came through.

From ASTROBOY: Sure mate, what can I do for u? ;)

To ASTROBOY: Can you ask ur cousin Amy to the dance for me?

From ASTROBOY: Ooh la la~ And why can't the super-smart L For Lee ask my beautiful cousin himself?

To ASTROBOY: Words don't come easily to me

A/N Yeah, to save any awkwardness I changed it from Amy Lee to Amy Leigh. Hope you don't mind! Now, has anyone got any special plans on this day of romance? ;)