Sam's Story and the Hunt

"It's good to see you again, Nathan." Sam says to me. "Oh my god, Sam!" I bear hug him and he tells me to take it easy. "I saw you get shot." I say and he tells me they threw him back in as soon as he was patched up.

"I would've..." he tells me, "Yeah, I know you would've come back." We walk outside and I asked him tons of questions. "Yeah... uh that actually happened." He asks, "C'mon, man, what did I miss?" I tell him, "Okay, um... Do you remember the theory that we had that Sir Francis Drake faked his own death?"

He nods, "Okay... he did. I found the coffin..." we keep talking until the sun rises. "Barely made it out alive." I state and Sam tells me, "You discover another archeological goldmine, and walk away with nothing." I sat up, and stopped fiddling with my ring. Sam asked about it, "Engagment ring. I'm married. Emma, from the stories? She's my wife." I explained and  Sam started sounding nervous.

"Nathan, I'm in a lot of trouble here." Sam tells me, after standing up. "What? What are talking about? What kind of trouble?" He tells me about how Hector Alcazár was his cellmate. "He broke me out, but...now I owe him. So, I need you to help me find Henry Avery's treasure."

"I'll ask Emma if she'll help us." I tell Sam who responds, "Wait, hot-as-hell brunette Emma? The one who helped us in Panama? She's your wife, and you think she'll help us?" I nod saying, "She lied straight to my face about going on an adventure with her cousin Lara after she'd asked for her help. I got leverage on her." I asked for leads and Sam chuckles as he tells me, "I bet you Rafe doesn't have this." He hands me a piece of folded paper.

"Cross we found was broken and hollow. Whatever was missing in that cross in Panama in probably in that one." Sam says as I unfold the paper. I ask where it is, "Oh, this exquisite piece is going up for auction in 3 days at the Rossi estate." He tells me, "How do you plan on securing an invite to a heavily guarded black market auction?" I ask and he tells me, "You don't have to necessarily get an invite per say."

I began talking about how to pay for it and outbid the high rollers when I realize what he was going to do, "Yeah, you're gonna try and steal it, huh?" He replies, "No. We are." I tell him, "I'm out. I just don't do that kind of thing anymore. Try Charlie." He tells me no, "I don't trust anyone to do this with besides you. Especially not Charlie Cutter."

I relented and agreed to do it, taking out my phone I slowly punched in Emma's number. My phone still in hand, I hit the call button. "Hey, hon, it's me. Listen, I'm taking a job that Chloe sent my way, and would love your help with it." I listen as she tells me she can't. "I know you lied about that business trip to an archaeological site last week." She pauses silence on the other end of the line. "Come on, please?" She sighs, "Okay. I'm sorry for lying. I'll help you. I'm going to make a few calls, see you later."

"I'll do it." I tell Sam and we start hatching a plan.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Emma's pov
-----------------------------------------------------------

I called up Lara who was with Marcus and Mikayla, "Hey cousin, sorry but I've got a really big dig in Yemen that they want me to take. I can't help you on your thing this week, sorry." Before she could process my words, I hung up. 'I've got something a little bit more important to do.'

I thought as I began getting clothes and mostly money ready for the trip to the Rossi Estate's Black Market auction.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Italy: The Rossi Estate [Narrator pov]
-----------------------------------------------------------

Emma walked in with Sully wearing a long flowing evening dress