Searching for Somethin Special

"Haven't been here in a while." Emma says until realizing, "Of course, last time I had Trinity on my tail." Sam's interest had been roused, "Trinity? Who're they?" Nathan replied, "Some organization that used to chase Emma around when she still adventured with Lara." Emma was grateful for Nathan's interjection, as she still wasn't too keen on speaking about the organization, I mean you know why (hint: she is now down her only uncle and her dad is paralyzed from the waist down because of them).

"I can only hope they've given up coming after me, especially after the Paititi incident." She muttered to herself, as they came upon the graveyard of the cathedral, "Wow, this entire area's a beauty. A very far cry from the ones I've seen before at least." She commented as they split up to search for Avery's tombstone, looking up when they saw an explosion come from near the cathedral, "Rafe is really determined to find it." She said making Sam state, "He's bought up all of the ground around the cathedral, he's dead ass certain it's around there."

"Well, I bailed with you, and he didn't seem that upset. More jealous really." Emma chimed, after Nathan attested to the bad blood between him and Rafe towards the end, "Now, we've gotta avoid them." She ducked down and began firing until she heard some gunmen that ran up yelling, "Croft, surrender!!" Her blood ran cold as she kept shooting, "Shit...why are they here?" She cursed and Nathan asked, "Who?"

Emma coldly told them, "Trinity." Running ahead of them, she moved a cart and ducked upon hearing both Shoreline and Trinity gunmen, "Leave this to me." Silently creeping upon a few of the men in the grass, she snapped and suffocated them, sniping down the rest carefully with her pistol. "You're clear, Nate." The trio pressed on and began scaling up the cliffs, the brothers with a rope grapple, and Emma with her climbing axles.

"I remember when I had to do this in some snowy mountains, whoo did I freeze my ass that day." Emma exclaimed as they snuck around, engaging several of the T-gunmen near them in a shootout, "Okay, cleared. Wait! Incoming!" She began firing her pistol again, and they all just barely made it out by the skin of their teeth, thankfully without serious injury.

"Crew? God...so this is what neanderthals like them talk about on the job." She whispered after taking one out, leaving the other two to the boys, "Watch your step, Nate." She pulled up her husband and kissed his cheek as they kept on climbing, "You don't know the half of what we both have gotten into Sam." She teased as they climbed up higher, "Though I wasn't with him for a few things."

They slipped under the large gate, and headed into the graveyard, searching each grave carefully.
---------------------------------------------------------
About an hour Later...
---------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, I think this is it." I called the guys over, "His alias, dates, and the right swords. Just the skull that's wrong, I wonder..." turning it, a stairway to a crypt was revealed, and I headed down with the boys following. "Well, you two figure it out. I've done my fair share of work so far." They seemed annoyed but solved the simple light puzzle that Avery left, and soon enough we were headed toward the cathedral.

"Shit," I stated once we got closer and I saw Ian, one of the top leaders of Trinity conversing with his two top operatives, Ari and Marcus. "Find Croft and bring her to me. Not dead though, I want her alive. She must pay for what happened to our other branch." Following the boys carefully, we avoided the guards and traversed the high sea cliffs, just barely making it up to see a sliding ledge, and making it onto the next cliff wall.

"I'm getting a better workout than you at the very least." I retorted after falling into the underside of the cliff, grabbing a ledge, and climbing back up with Nate. "Well yes, but he's my man child Sam." I said after he called Nate five, "Now follow me." As we traversed the cliffs and used the various old systems left behind, a question left my mouth, "Do you want the truth about Trinity, Sam?" He glanced at me while climbing then said, "Well, if you're comfortable telling me."

"Fire in the hole!" A mercenary shouted from afar as a Trinity operative asked about the progress, "Still a little bit of debris blocking the way. One more or a few more should do it." The further we cut inland, the quieter I became as we came across more of Trinity's soldiers, and Shoreline's soldiers which I had Nate and Sam take care of. "Let's hope we're done with these idiots." Nate said as Sam exclaimed, "Who does excavation with dynamite?" I answered, "Dunderheads who think "excavation" is a good enough excuse to break out the boomie stuff."

Crossing into a tiny nook after sliding down a slope and jumping, the oath was like this for a while until unstable boards became involved, making things rather difficult for my husband since he loves to break stuff by accident. "Going into a cave, Sully. Don't be too worried." Nate said as Sam walked in with us while insulting Shoreline and Trinity, "Creepy cave with statues of Dismas and carved stairs?" Nate answered me, "Check. We're in the right place, Em. Let's keep going."
---------------------------------------------------------

"Please tell me you're not going to stick your hand in that hole." Emma stated as Sam said, "We'll get you a nice hook if you lose your hand." Smacking his shoulder, Emma retorted, "A prosthetic will do fine if that happens." As they saw the new sigil, the brown-haired woman said, "They may have collaborated in making all this. Them and a few other pirates as a sort of truce alliance deal." Heading further in with a few corny pirate jokes along the way, Sam exclaimed his being unable to make sense of it all, as Nate said, "Tew may have taken all the treasure for himself."

Sam shuddered, "I hope not." Emma retorted, "Unlikely. As strange as it sounds, Tew and all the pirates he presumably partnered up with had weird codes of pirate honor, one of which was they wouldn't betray someone if they made a deal or arrangement with them." She followed them while continuing, "So if anyone considered or tried to break off their Mexican stalemate agreement, all hell would break loose and these puzzles would probably be rubble." A confusing look was sent toward Sam as they kept going through the crypt/subterranean cave area, "So the treasure's probably still safe and in a dry place, Sam." He breathed a sigh of relief as they kept solving puzzles, but

---------------------------------------------------------
Swipe up or tap below for more!
---------------------------------------------------------

I'll add on more after work but this is what I got so far.

- Grace.