1. Third Year

"You will help Draco be friends with Potter! You will become a Death Eater and you will not tarnish our name! To. Your. Room. No dinner for you tonight."

My father says slamming is hands down on the table making everyone jump in their chairs. Another fight had broken out at dinner. It was the night before we go to Hogwarts. My third, Draco's first.

Father always favored Draco more than me, but it's okay, because I had mom.

"Lucius please don't-" my mother began, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"No Narcissa! I am not taking any of this crap from our daughter anymore. OUT!" He shouted pointing to the door and glaring at me.

My eyes sting with tears and take a glance at Draco who is sitting in the chair next to my father with a smirk on his face.

Mom gets up and puts an arm around my shoulder.

"No Lucius, Y/N is just a girl! It's the night before she goes back to school. She should be having fun packing and chatting with friends." Mom says making me start to cry.

"No Narcissa! Y/N is thirteen years old. She needs to learn what this family does and how to do it. Besides, I'm not even sure she has any friends to chat with at this point." My father says with a scoff.

Narcissa gasps and I run to my room sobbing. Why would he say something like that? I mean truth be told I wasn't the nicest person but that was only because of my life at home. But I could change if my family wasn't like this.

"Y/N honey? Oh there you are." I hear my moms comforting voice as she sit next to me and pulls me into a hug. Sometimes I really wonder how my mother decided to marry someone like my father.

"Mom, why is he like that? Why does he have to humiliate me? Why can't he just treat me like he treats Draco?" I manage to say between sobs.

"I think he just sees more for you than being what he wants you to be, and he just doesn't want to admit it."

"Why can't he just accept me, mom? Why? And- and I do have friends! I have two really great friends!"

"Oh I know you do, that Blaise and Ruby are so sweet and I bet they are lucky to have you as their friend."

"Oh, mom. I'm so grateful I have you here to support me." I say smiling and looking up at her.

She smiles and kisses me on the forehead.

The next day I wake up and grab my trunk from my closet. I slip on a hoodie and sweatpants for the train ride. I want to be comfy for my ride to Hogwarts.

I haul my stuff down the stairs to find the rest of my family by the entrance.

When father sees me, he scoffs and Draco snorts. I shoot him a glare.

"What?" I say with a great pain in my voice.

"You're not going to wear... that, to King's Cross are you?" My father says eyeing me.

"Lucius! Draco! That is not nice of you to say." My mom says scowling and standing next to me.

"No, mom, it's fine, I'll go change." I say dropping my stuff abruptly on the floor and running upstairs. I hear my father start talking to Draco.

"So, Draco, when were you thinking of talking to Potter?"

I arrive at my room and take off my clothes. He wants nice, I'll give him nice.

I open my closet and put on the tiniest skirt I can find, and I put on a black crop top with straps around the stomach.

I then strut down the stairs again.

"Ugh, Y/N you can't wear that." Draco says with a mad tone.

"Silence Draco, it's fine." Father says. I smile slightly.

"Better than those other food stained clothes she was just wearing."

My smile disappears into a frown.

My mom picks up my trunk.

"I think you look beautiful sweetie." She says rubbing my back.

We say goodbye to our parents before finally getting on the train.

"Goodbye darlings." Mom says and she kisses us both.

Dad just says bye, doesn't hug or anything

"Draco, remember the plan." He whispers.

Draco nods and our parents apparate out of there.

"Woah, you look hot Malfoy." Someone says behind me. I roll my eyes knowing it's the annoying voice of Cedric Diggory.

"Fuck off Cedric." I say, walking faster.

Hey, I was just trying to be nice." He says catching up to me. "How was your summer?"

Ugh, when will this boy learn? "Crappy as always." I say in an annoyed tone.

"Oh, sorry to hear that. Want to sit next to me on the train?" He asks, I'm assuming in an attempt to cheer me up.

"Nope." I reply quickly before slamming one of the compartment doors shut.

He opens it. "You know Y/N. Most girls would jump at the opportunity to sit next to me."

"Ugh you man whore!" I spit out. I push him out the door and slam it shut again. He leaves with a hurt face. I mean I would say I feel bad but I really don't.

"Move along Diggory." I hear a more pleasant voice sat. Blaise. One of my best friends. His face comes into view and he opens the door.

"Hey girl!" He says sitting down.

"Hey bestie!" I squeal. Blaise always brought out the good side of me. The compartment door opens once again and my other best friend, Ruby Ravenclaw comes in.

"Hey lovers." She says plopping herself down next to me.

"Ruby!" I say putting my head on her shoulder.

"My god Ruby! Is it true what everyone has been talking about over the summer? Are you really dating Adrian Pucey?" Blaise asks excitedly.

Ruby nods her head and Blaise and I practically scream.

"Don't be so gay Blaise." We look over to see Marcus Flint, a fellow Slytherin, standing outside our compartment.

"Don't be so homophobic Flint. It's not very attractive which explains quite a lot about you." I say giving him a sweet smile before closing the compartment door.

"How is it that everyone already knows. I'm not even out yet for gods sake! Even my mum knows!" Blaise shouts.

"Blaise please don't worry about it. Everyone still respects you. Well, except the gross homophobes like Flint." Ruby says comforting him.

Blaise just shrugs and we continue to talk.

When we get to Hogwarts we sit at our house tables. Blaise and I in Slytherin and Ruby in Ravenclaw, obviously.

The first years come in to get sorted. I spot my brother and Harry Potter. Draco gets up to the stool and the hat doesn't even touch his head when. "SLYTHERIN."

"Hey Y/N? Isn't that the exact thing that happened to you in your first year?" Blaise asked. I nod my head. It had been the exact thing with me. It didn't even touch my head.

Draco came sulking over to the table.

"Draco whats wrong?" I ask noticing his usual scowl was rather sad at this moment.

"Potter said no. All I wanted to do was be friends with him." Draco says quietly.

"What the hell am I saying? That idiot denied my handshake, he'll regret that." Draco says with a rather nasty tone.

Blaise gives me a look and I roll my eyes at my brothers immature behavior.

At the end of the feast I say goodnight to Ruby and Blaise and head to my dorm for a good nights rest. This might actually be an ok year, at least it's starting off good, Draco's plan had failed and I was finally away from my father, just as long as Diggory leaves me alone, I could finally enjoy my year at Hogwarts without all that stress.