4. Lovestruck?

The weekend was finally here. It was Friday night and Blaise, Ruby and I were sitting in the common room in front of the fire. The cold green leather couches went good with the the hot fire.

"So, do you guys want to go to Hogsmeade this weekend?" Ruby asks. It would be our first year allowed to go. The first  time kids are allowed to go is third year.

"Is that even a question?" Blaise says

"Of course we should go, I've been dying to get a taste of butter beer." I say eagerly.

"We should go with a lot of people. Maybe, some of the other Slytherins and Cedric's friend group." Ruby says the Cedric part quieter.

"Ew." Blaise says.

I turn to look at Ruby.

"Yeah I mean I agree with the Slytherin part, but why should the Hufflepuff's come?" I ask curiously.

"FOR GODS SAKE Y/N CEDRIC HAS A THING FOR YOU." Ruby shouts. Then she claps her hand over her mouth.
"Oh, no I'm so sorry I didn't mean to yell."

"Damn girl, I've never heard you get this mad before." Blaise says with a smirk.

"I wasn't mad. I just really want Y/N to see Diggory isn't bad." Ruby says looking embarrassed.

"You should yell more, it's kinda hot." I say and we all laugh.

~~~~~~

We ended up going with Marcus Flint, Adrian Pucey, Graham Montague, Miles Bletchley, Roger Davies, Lee Jordan, Fred and George Weasley and Cedric's friend group.

"Wow you got a lot of people to go with us." Ruby says looking wide eyed at the people we were walking with.

"I got the Slytherins and Fred and George. Blaise got everyone else. Didn't you get Roger Davies?" I asked her.

"Yes but only because I don't think he had anyone else to go with." She says.

Blaise walks closer to us. "You know who's looking rather hot today? Montague." He says eyeing him.

"Oooooh, yeah you go Blaise." I say giving him a nudge.

"Thanks for inviting me Malfoy." Marcus Flint says coming over to me with a smirk.

"Don't get used to it Flint. I only did it because we needed more people to join us." I reply smiling.

He puts his arm around me and rests it on my waist.

"Um, no thanks Marcus I'm not really interested." I say trying to push him off me.

"Relax Malfoy." He says touching my hair.

"No stop!" I say pushing him away.

I run up to the front of the crowd where I find Cedric and four other people who I assume are his friend group.

"What's wrong Y/N?" He says seeing the look of worry on my face.

"Nothing. Just Flint." I say as my face turns to anger. "Where is he anyway?" I ask looking around.

"I saw him go into the joke shop back there." One of Cedric's friends say.

I nod my head.

"W-why? Was he bothering you or something?" Cedric asks.

"He's Marcus Flint. Of course he was bothering me." I scoff.

We make it to the three broomsticks and take a booth in the corner. Cedric sits next to me.

Flint comes back and sits across from me. We order 16 butter beers.

"Wow, I never realized we had 16 people together." I say looking around at us all.

Fred, George and Lee Jordan carry most of the conversation, making us all laugh a lot.

Finally the butter beers come.

"Be right back I'm going to use the bathroom." I say getting up.

"Oh I'll go too!" Ruby says getting up too.

"I'll never understand why girls go to the bathroom together." Fred says.

"Well, you'll never know what happens if they don't because they're not here to tell the tale." I say with sarcasm.

"Y/N, Cedric was staring at you so much back there." Ruby says in her dreamy tone again. We were by the sinks washing our hands.

"Oh come on Ruby, why are you so interested in this." I say drying my hands.

"Because I want you guys to date so badly!! Y/N I can tell he does. Do you like him?"

"Ruby I don't know what I like at this point."

"Well, can you just talk to him?"

"Ugh, fine, but only because I want to annoy Flint."

"What happened with him?"

"Today I learned he doesn't know what no means."

"Oh god, are you okay?"

"Yeah. I thought I would try to be nice but that didn't turn out well."

We sit back down at our table. I notice my butter beer is a shade lighter than it had been before but I don't think anything of it. I just blame it on the lighting.

I take a couple seats and notice that Cedric is glaring at someone. I look over to see he is glaring at Marcus Flint. This wave of electricity came over me.

"How come I've never noticed how hot Marcus is?" I whisper to Ruby.

"Um, Y/N you were just saying how bad he was." Ruby says looking confused.

"Why would I be saying how bad he is? Everything about him is good." I say getting up.

"Move Lee I need to sit next to him." I say pushing him out of the booth.

"Why the sudden interest Malfoy?" Marcus asks with a smirk.

He looks over at Cedric and gives him a teasing look.

I turn my gaze to Cedric who looks very confused and hurt. He looks into my eyes and his face turns to shock and anger.

"FLINT HOW COULD YOU." He yelled standing up and walking over to us.

"Y/N HE'S LOVE POTIONED YOU!" One of Cedric's friends runs out the door and across the street to the joke shop. He comes back with a little vile of clear liquid. Cedric orders me to drink it and I do. I feel tear drops fall out of my eyes.

"Fuck you Flint!" I say smacking him in the face.

"I'll beat the shit out of you!" Cedric yells before punching him in the face.

Flint runs out of the shop clutching his nose.

"Y/N Oh my god are you okay?" Ruby yells pulling me into a hug.

"Why would he do that to me? Why would he take advantage? Who would go that low?" I say sobbing.

"The side effects are making her tired. She should go to bed." I hear the boy who got the antidote say.

"I've got her." I feel someone pick me up, I know its Cedric, usually I would complain or yell but I'm so tired I just let it happen. Plus it's kinda nice.

~~~~~~

I wake up and find Blaise and Ruby in my dorm.

"What? What day is it?" I ask sitting up.

"Relax Y/N it's only Sunday. When Cedric brought you back here you slept the whole rest of the day and night." Blaise says laughing.

"Really? Cedric, carried me all the way back here?" I asked. Had he really cared that much.

"Really." Ruby assures me. "Y/N he really cares about you. See I told you he had changed."

"Yeah, but it still doesn't really change anything." I say.

"Well at least we know one thing." Blaise says.

"And what is that?" Ruby asks.

"Y/N really was lovestruck."