3. Batshit Crazy Prediction

"Another shitty Transfiguration lesson." I mutter under my breath as Ruby, Blaise, (he had started talking to us again) and I were heading to our next class, Slytherin and Hufflepuff Divination, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor Potions.

"Oh come on, it wasn't that bad!" Ruby says.

"Yeah, that's because McGonagall doesn't mind Ravenclaws." Blaise says with a scoff.

Blaise's eyes go wide as we turn to see Adrian Pucey walking towards us.

"Shit, um I haven't exactly made up with Adrian yet, I've gotta run, see you guys later." He says and rushing off upstairs.

"Hey guys." He says as he reaches us.

Ruby clutches his arm.

"Listen Ruby I've got to go but you left... well I don't exactly know what it is you've left in my room." Adrian says as he hands her what is clearly a tampon.

Ruby's face goes red as she starts to stutter. I had to do something.

"I- uhm, actually that's mine. A couple days ago Blaise wanted to see how these things worked." I say with a straight face as I shove the tampon in my pocket.

Ruby gives me a face of great relief.

"Oh, well ok, bye Ruby." He says as he side hugs her. Ruby waves.

"Listen, Y/N. Thank you so much for doing that, you know how I feel about that kind of personal stuff."

"I'm gonna murder myself for being that nice. I just had to do something, I mean it was like I was on auto pilot. This strong feeling to do something helpful came over me." I say with a slight shudder.

Ruby starts laughing. "That, Y/N, is called feeling empathetic. Oh my god look! Cedric's looking over at you."

I turn around and indeed, Cedric is staring at me. He smiles at me and I give him a small one back.

"Come on lets keep walking, we'll have to part ways soon anyways." I say as we start to walk again.

"You know you really should be nicer to him Y/N, I can tell he really likes you." Ruby says giving me a sort of sad looking smile.

"I know, you told me that already. And there's no way in hell I'm changing the way I am for a boy, especially not for a Hufflepuff. And he is such a-" I begin.

"Man whore I know," Ruby says cutting me off. "Every time I bring him up you always say that. Maybe he's changed."

"Yeah whatever. Ok bye love you, see you at lunch." I say waving.

"You too." She says bowing me a kiss..

This is why most people thought we were lesbians. Always seen together, always doing couple stuff, but we've been best friends for years. Ruby's the only person I've ever shown that kind of affection to.

I find Blaise standing at the entrance to the Divination room.

"Oh my goodness, what took you so long?" He says grabbing my arm and pulling me and him to a table.

"We're girls Blaise, it's what we do, just talk and talk for hours." I say breaking into a laugh.

"Anyways. Quidditch tryouts are coming up, you going to try out again?" Blaise asks.

"Duh, I love being a beater, plus I'm good at it too. And I'm the only girl on the team, can't do that to everyone else." I say looking around the hot smelly room.

"Oh right, well, I'm going to try out for chaser." Blaise say with a confident smile.

"Nice man." I say as professor Trelawney enters the room.

The whole time this crazy lady was talking about prophecy's. I would have been able to catch up on some sleep but it was so abnormally hot in that classroom. And I kept feeling someone's eyes on me, I knew they were Cedric's but I did not want to meet his gaze because he might take that as a sign to be able to talk to me after class.

"God why does Dickory keep making eyes at you?" Blaise asks.

"Dickory? Really Blaise?" I say smiling and shaking my head.

Blaise gives him a sign with his hands which I know means "go fuck yourself."

"Blaise don't do that! Trelawney was right there." I say with a disgusting look.

"Hey but it worked, look!" He whispered and motioned over my shoulder.

I turn my head to find Cedric staring at the ground with a very embarrassed looking face.

I cringe at him and turn my attention back to Blaise.

"God I'm rude, ah I love it." Blaise says smiling to himself. "Poor Ruby, she's probably suffering in that cold dungeon with Snape."

"Yeah but don't forget, she's extremely smart with Potions so I guess it can't be that bad." I say.

"Ahhhhh my dear girl!" Professor Trelawney's voice interrupts our conversation, making both Blaise and I jump.

"Ive just seen something. Yes. You my dear, will be lovestruck in the next week." She says.

"Uhh, good to know?" I say. Who the hell does this lady think she is, making false predictions about me.

I look around the whole class. Most girls and a few boys are grinning slyly at me, some kids have skeptical looks on their faces, but Cedric, he just looks very excited.

I give out an annoyed sigh and rest my chin on my hand.

~~~~~~~~

"She really said that?" Ruby asked. We were now at lunch.

"I wouldn't listen that women. She's batshit crazy if you ask me." Blaise says taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Whatever, I could honestly care less about Divination. I just want to go play Quidditch." I say.

"Yeah but you're going to want to focus on something else. Quidditch tryouts aren't until next week." Ruby says looking at me before her face turns to pure anger. Anger I've never seen in her. Never in my five years of being her friend have I ever seen her so angry.

"Ruby what is it?" I say before looking around and noticing the Bloody Baron.

"The Bloody Baron, murdered. My. Grandmother. And my great grandma too, because she was so heartbroken. Obviously I still get to see her but she's miserable and will only talk to me and a few others." She says fuming and squeezing her utensils very intensely.

"Watch, it Ruby, you're starting to lose circulation in your hands." Blaise says.

She ignores him. "How dare he go about this castle looking this happy. Looking like nothing happened that day!"

Eventually the Bloody Baron leaves and Ruby goes back to her normal self.

I believe that Blaise was right about Professor Trelawney and her predictions being batshit crazy, but deep down inside I'm still kinda anxious about being "lovestruck."