Chapter 1

(Story based off of an RP I did with a friend)

------------------------------------------------------------

Suga had just moved to Brazil only about 2 weeks ago, so he was still getting used to the area and didn't know a lot of people here yet. A couple of days earlier, he was taking a walk when he saw an announcement about the upcoming volleyball tournament and he instantly knew he had to sign up. Everything felt really stressful right now with still having to get used to things and a day of relaxing and playing volleyball was exactly what he needed to unwind. 

He pulled up to the beach and took off his turquoise necklace, his accessory, so it wouldn't get in the way while he was playing. He got out of his car and walked up to the signup table.  After he was registered he realized something. . .he didn't have a partner. He sighed and looked around, spotting a tall male with light brown hair. He shrugged to himself thinking that he wasn't going to get a partner if he just stood there, so he might as well ask around. 

He walked up to the male, tapped him on the shoulder, and spoke nervously, "Um. . .hey- Are you in the tournament, too? I was just wondering because I don't have a partner yet and I figured asking around would be better than not doing anything," Suga rubbed the back of his neck and smiled awkwardly.

The man had been talking with his partner when he felt a tap on his shoulder. When he turned around to look at Suga he was instantly blown away. He had never seen anyone more attractive than him. He cleared his throat before responding, "Oh- I already have a partner, sorry. I have a friend who has been looking for a partner though! I'll call him over," he flashed a light smile and looked around, spotted his friend, and called him over.

Suga's cheeks were suddenly dusted with a light pink when the tall male smiled, "Oh, alright. Thank you for helping me," Suga paused. He suddenly realized it would be very rude of him if he didn't introduce himself to someone who had just helped him. 

"I'm Sugawara by the way, but everyone usually just calls me Suga."

The light-haired man cooed and shifted all of his weight onto one foot while he crossed his arms. "Yes, of course~ Ooh, Sugawara is a nice name," He hummed before reaching his hand out for a handshake. "I'm Oikawa."

Suga glanced down at Oikawa's hand before he reached out to grasp it, "Well, it's nice to meet you, Oikawa." Suga gave a warm smile. He noticed someone walking up to them, assuming he was Oikawa's friend. Suga let go of his hand and placed both of his own behind his back.

"It's nice to meet you as well~" Oikawa had a smile as he folded his arms once again. He welcomed his friend and introduced him to Suga, "Well, good luck to the both of you!"

Sugawara, who still had the same warm smile on his face, introduced himself to his new teammate. He returned his attention to Oikawa once again and nodded, "Yes, the best of luck to you too." He turned back to his partner and suggested that they go practice a bit together so they could get used to each other's skills before they played any games. After the other agreed, Suga waved goodbye to Oikawa and grabbed a ball before he walked over to a free space.

Oikawa watched the two walk away and looked over at his partner who was watching him with an eyebrow raised. Ignoring the strange look, Oikawa went back to rambling on about his topic he was talking about before Suga had asked his question. As he talked, he and his partner made their way over to their own free space to practice as well. He discarded the bracelet that he wore as his accessory into his bag before he got ready. He was ready to win, he was ready to beat everyone at this tournament. Unbeknownst to him, fate had a different plan which he would hate but soon learn it would be the best thing to ever happen to him.