Chapter 3

(This is a direct continuation from Chapter 2)

~~~~~~~~

The person turned and apologized while helping Suga back to his feet. He assured them it was alright and turned to grasp a hand that, to his horrifying surprise, wasn't there.

Oikawa, being the fast walker he was, knew how to make his way through crowds. Suddenly, he felt Suga's hand leave his but he just assumed that it was because Suga didn't want to hold his hand anymore. That thought hurt his heart but he understood. 

Oikawa continued to walk and looked over his shoulder, "We're alm-. . .Suga?"

Any other person would simply start to follow the path they were already taking in order to find the person they'd lost. . .but Suga wasn't any other person. Ever since he was a kid, Suga had always struggled with different forms of anxiety. Social anxiety, separation anxiety, and general anxiety. He has never done very well in crowds, either, unless he was with someone he trusts. If he is left alone in a large crowd, then that is a completely different story.

"Oi-Oikawa?. . .Oikawa!" Suga spun in circles, unable to see over the crowd. He looked around quickly, trying to locate his soulmate but it was no use. Suga continued to holler, "Oikawa, please! Where are you!?"

He could feel the panic start to set in and his breathing became faster. He can't stand crowds without someone with him. All the noises that were around him were suddenly amplified and it made him dizzy. Suga covered his ears and tried to calm his breathing but it didn't work, his breaths only got shorter and quicker; he felt like he was gonna throw up. His legs became weak and he couldn't move his feet to help steady himself, causing him to fall to his knees; his hands were still covering his ears and the hunched posture he held while leaning over on the ground wasn't helping his breathing.

Oikawa couldn't see Suga and his heart dropped to his stomach. Fuck, how long has he been gone? he thought. He swore under his breath and started to call out for Suga, "Suga! Suga!?" he tried backtracking but it was hard with so many people.

This crowd was big. . .too big, bigger than any crowd Suga has been in before. He tried to shout Oikawa's name once more, only able to release sound in between his short, weak breaths, "OI- gasp KA- gasp WA!" Tears had begun to spill from Suga's eyes, this was awful. He couldn't breathe, he was alone, he lost the only person he knows in this whole goddamn country. This night was supposed to be the best night he's had in his life. Instead, the night went from heaven, straight down to hell.

He needed Oikawa. Fast.

Oikawa had figured that trying to yell over all this noise wasn't getting him anywhere. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his cellphone to call Suga. He selected the contact and let the phone ring in his ear while he continued to walk.

Suga felt a vibrating in his pocket and he wanted to answer it, he hoped it was Oikawa and he knew that answering would help them find each other but he couldn't seem to remove his hands from his ears. Everything was so loud and he pressed his hands against his ears even harder. 

"Damn it!" Oikawa swore when he heard the call go to voicemail. He went back to shouting Suga's name. Everything was so scary right now. What if Suga had gotten kidnapped? It was a thought that Oikawa didn't want to think about. That'd be the worst.

Oikawa had just found his soulmate and now he was gone.

"Suga!" he screamed, "Suga! Sugawara!" He continued to hope that he would hear his name being called in reply.

A woman noticed Suga sitting helplessly on the ground. She seemed worried, so she stopped and knelt down in front of him, "Olá, is everything alright?"