Part 11: Anima Mea Visae Mihi

"What did you want to talk about?" Draco asks his father, who takes a drink from Grundy.

"I was rather disappointed to learn that my son married in secret. Eloping." He scoffs as he swirls the whiskey in his glass. Draco takes his glass from the elf and takes a swig.

"Can you blame me for not sharing my wonderful news?" He asks with hostility and Lucius smirks slightly.

"When I heard that Granger's wedding to a Muggle didn't go through- I wasn't the least bit surprised to find out she was quickly bedding my son." He says as he walks over to the empty black fireplace and looms into the left over ashes from the previous winter.

"How is it you heard?"

"Oh come now Draco. A Deputy of a Political department, and one of the menacing trio getting married- news flies through the Prophet like a rain from a cloud.  They were at her wedding and captured everything. I know very well that you have secluded yourself from most of our world, but I figured you'd at least still keep up with the news."

"I seclude myself for good reason. I'm happier living my simple life. It's less stressful and less barbaric. You can't tell me your flower shop work in the Muggle world hasn't relieved some of your huge amounts of stress that has stock piled up inside you." His father scoffs once more and finishes his drink. As he does, Grundy brings him another.

"What stress could you possibly have? You're the heir to our immense fortune."

"The stress is from you and mother. You know that, yet here we are discussing it- again."

"Only because I don't understand your logic. You are a bright, intelligent young wizard Draco and you piss your life away in Muggle London doing commoners work. At least your wife has some sense about her. Politics will keep you in good graces if you pull the right strings. It'll pad your pockets and keep your nose clean."

"Hermione isn't corrupt. Unlike some of your friends."

"Ah...you're talking about Baker- I assume."

"The fuck is his problem? Targeting Hermione that way. What did you tell him?"

"Me? I didn't say anything."

"I hardly believe that. Two days after she and I begin our life together and he has her pinned to a wall feeling her up and threatening her and I?! And how convenient for it to happen a day after I was shot in my pub." Lucius narrows his eyes and glares down at his son.

"Are you implying I sent Baker to hunt you for your indiscretion?"

"Your words."

"Draco- if I wanted you and your little wife to be killed- I would hardly send a bumbling idiot to do it. I had nothing to do with you getting shot. Just like I had little to no reason to have Baker go after Hermione."

"Little to no reason? You hate her and you hate that I love her. I hardly call that little."

"Please, Draco- don't be dramatic.  I've never touched the girl."

"No- but Aunt Bella had and you enjoyed it."

"That's the past. Draco, you should learn to leave it there. You know what happens when you allow the past to fester inside your soul. Just ask your mother- though you're all too aware of it- I'm sure." He looks at him and both feel that slight shudder going through them.

"Have you ever fixed it?" He asks his father, blankly staring off at the doors his father had closed on Hermione.

"I don't know what you mean." His father mindlessly replies as he sips his drink.