Little Kageyama : Acceptance

In this oneshot, Kageyama is coming out as Genderfluid!

Also they refer to Kageyama as prince/princess when in little space. He secretly loves it
______________________

Kageyama was frustrated. She'd been feeling more feminine for the past week and it was getting irritating hearing everyone calling her 'he' or 'king'. Granted, she wasn't out yet, but she still blew up for no reason. And her bad mood was causing issues with her setting. Her caregiver and boyfriend, Hinata, was obviously picking up something was wrong.

"Baka Kageyama baka!!" Hinata huffs as once again, Kageyama couldn't set like normal at practice. "Good job, king." Kageyama just felt so frustrated. "Would you stop with that stupid fucking nickname!?" She snaps, making everyone fall silent. It was obvious something was wrong now. Everyone noticed it. Kageyama didn't usually blow up like THAT about the nickname. "Kags, what's wrong? You've been stressed all week, and we don't even have tests coming up!" Hinata says, seeing Kageyama was suddenly close to tears.

Everyone noticed, but didn't say anything. Not even Tsukki. Kageyama just stormed out of the gym, snapping about something being bullshit. Hinata followed, hoping to help the little regress if that's what was needed. The others knew he was little, but didn't quite understand it. Still, they helped when they could. Noya and Tanaka found it most fun, cause Kageyama was more willing to call them Senpai in that headspace.

Hinata found Kageyama by the vending machine, hugging her legs and sniffling, hiding her face. "Kags baby what's wrong? You can tell Bubs anything!" Hinata says, sitting with the other. It was clear Kageyama was very close to slipping. "T - Tsukki just mean!" She sobbed. "I know baby... But you gotta tell Bubs what's wrong... I can't help if I don't know, little one..." Kageyama was so frustrated at that point, she just started rambling, fully little now. "Nu feew wike bubs baby boy! Sumtim feew wik baby giww o - or tus baby! A - An Tsukki meanie c - cus ms nu feew wiks baby boy aww weeks a - an he's cawwdeds ms king! Nu wikes it!" The little sobbed. Hinata was silent for a moment, processing everything.

"Okay... So... My baby feels like a baby girl right now, and she's upset cause we've been saying 'him' and 'king'? Baby girl why didn't you just tell Bubs baby? Bubs would have made it better!" Hinata says, not sure how to help the little. Kageyama looked up, sniffling. "Weawwys?" Hinata nods. "My poor angel must have been so stressed to break down like this... You don't have to worry baby. Yamaguci's nonbinary, and the team accepts them! Why shouldn't they accept you too?"

Kageyama sniffles, nodding a little. "Otays..." Hinata stands. "Tell you what, baby. I'll talk to the team for you, then we'll go home and cuddle. Yeah?" Kageyama nods quickly. "Wan cubbwe..." Hinata smiles and kisses the other's head. "Bub's will be right back baby." He promises before going back to the gym.

"Hinata! Is Kageyama okay? He seemed very of-" "She doesn't like it when you call her king, Tsukki. Stop being so mean with the dumb nicknames!" Hinata says before he can stop himself. Everyone goes quiet. "... She?" Suga asks, making sure he heard that correct. "Yes, she! Kageyama just informed me that she is genderfluid, and would appreciate if Tsukki didn't call her 'king' when she feels feminine. She's been stressed all week because of it!" The others frown.

"Why didn't she tell us sooner? We would've used the right pronouns you know..." Nishinoya says. "She was worried I guess..." Tsukki rolled his eyes and turns. "Well the queen can get over herself. If we accept Yamaguci, we have no problems accepting her either. She makes it sound like we're jerks." He huffs, walking off. The others blink before they burst out laughing. "You ARE a jerk, Tsukki." Yamaguci says, laughing so hard they're holding their stomach. "I'm not THAT bad! It's just plain douche bag territory to not accept someone for being trans or genderfluid or whatever." He huffs.

Hinata explains how Kageyama is little and probably wanted to go home, but Suga asked if she'd be willing to stay. And after asking Kageyama, she agreed and the two returned to the gym. Nishinoya and Tanaka immediately start talking. "Damn little one, if we'd known you were a little Princess and not just a prince, we'd have gotten you coming out presents! No princess can rule her cort without a proper tiara, I'm just saying." Noya says. And though the whole 'king' thing was supposed to be an insult, hearing this made Kageyama squeal and giggle. Tsukki watched quietly.

Tanaka gasps. "You need the girls uniform, silly! Girls aren't supposed to wear pants. Skirts are in their uniform. But your senpais will help with that! Don't worry!" This earns more giggles. Hinata was very happy Kageyama was cheered up so quickly, running off to get her milk from the vending machine. Tsukki walked over, and everyone watched quietly. Kageyama stared up at him, suddenly realizing how much taller he was when she was sitting. "Dummie. If the princess felt like a princess, she could have just said so. I'm not THAT mean." He huffs, patting her head gently. This earned a surprised head tilt. "Oh don't give me that look. Yams has been nonbinary since middle school. You really think it would be hard to accept you being genderfluid?" Kageyama giggles at this, making Tsukki smile JUUST a little.