Witness

"Lenaaa, did you see my green top?" A whiny voice called out over the grating sound of the hair drier.

"Didn't you leave it at that frat house last weekend?" Elena patiently answered her roommate.

"Oh, shit, you're right! Why did I do that again?" Andy huffed.

"Because you are an idiot who decided to run as you were when the cops showed up even though you are over age?" The med student supplied helpfully, not even trying to contain her amused smile.

"Shut up, I panicked." Andy bemoaned, leaning against the bathroom door frame with a pout at the same time Elena finished drying and styling her hair.

"Clearly." The blonde turned to look at her friend with a roll of her eyes, an amused smirk still in place.

"Don't be like that, Lena." Andy pouted cutely "I have nothing to wear now."

"Aw, poor baby." Elena cooed, "You can grab something of mine, I don't-"

"Than Lena, you're the best! Love ya." Andy didn't even give her the chance to finish her phrase when she took off towards Lena's bedroom, excitedly skipping.

"You know you just got played, right?" Amber, her other roommate, snorted.

"Obviously," The blonde answered with a quirk of her lips "she'd never use the same top twice in two weeks... But she looks so happy when she thinks she fooled me into giving her what she wants, no need to take that away."

The latina just shook her head fondly at her roommates antics.

"You are too soft on her, honestly." Amber complained, a smile gracing her lips.

"Eh, don't act as if I'm the only one, I saw you restocking her 'secret supply' of gummy bears. I still don't know how she never realizes it's you." Elena shot back, causing a pretty flush to bloom across the other girl's skin.

"I don't know what you're talking about. We all know the secret stash has magical properties." She grumbled, looking at the ground.

"Yeah, I would actually buy this if it had come out of Andy's mouth." It was the blonde's turn to snort. "You know, you should tell her."

"I can't." The brunette sighed, "We both know she isn't gay. No point in making it awkward."

"It's not about-"

"So! How do I look?" An excited Andrea asked while doing a little twirl to show off the borrowed dress.

"Hot." Elena nodded.

"Cute." Amber added.

"Thank you and thank you! Daniel is meeting up with us at the bar and I have a good feeling about this dress." Andy gushed, almost bouncing with her endless amount of energy. "You sure you don't want to come tonight, Bee?"

"Yeah, I've got tons of stuff to study for." Amber mumbled much more subdued than she had been so far tonight, before turning around and locking herself back in her room.

"What's up with her?" Andy asked, tilting her head like a confused puppy.

"... Probably just stressed with school." Lena said, doing her best to keep the sympathy out of her voice and grimace out of her face, knowing Amber was probably listening through the door.

"Oh. I guess that's what you get from studying." Andy nodded sadly, as if the mere thought of caring about her studies was enough to kill her buzz.

"Yeah, I guess it is." Lena agreed, an easy smile returning to her lips, Andy just had this effect on people. "I'm gonna go finish getting ready then, I think Amber will appreciate the silence for a bit."